The Long Awaited Performance

It's nearly time. The long awaited day for the duo to showcase their musical talent. Everyone who will be participating is stoked - none could even contain their excitement for the upcoming event. It's almost time...

Time has passed for the siblings as they have rigorously practiced for weeks on end to perfect their synergy and sync with one another. Nerve-wrecking is the appropriate word, despite the many practice sessions the two have done. The two play in harmony; seemingly as if the music flows together fluently.

Despite the mock recitals, the quiet and timid - Sunny - plays the violin with grace and expertise, despite only a few weeks of personal practice before the event. His beloved sister - Mari, on the other hand - is nothing short of a perfectionist; she wants the performance to be perfect and for the execution to be one that everyone in both the stage and the audience can remember for a long time.

Though the two siblings don't share the same passion for music, they do want to give it their all as to show how much they've improved over the past couple years. The older sibling gently tapped her little brother on the shoulder to keep him from spacing out.

" Come on, little brother. There's no time for dozing off. We have to make sure everything we do is perfect, okay? "

Wanting for her older sister's talent to shine, he nods. The younger brother simply continued matching the rhythm and keeping up the sync the two have. Unfortunately, he messes up one of the notes on his violin and Mari instantaneously turns around with a mix of disappointment and anger. That alone is enough for Sunny to cower in fear inside and decides to continue on, pretending to no realize his fatal mistake.

For some odd reason, Sunny - in this particular day - feels discouraged to continue on... not because of the loss of motivation, but because of the terrifying perfectionist ideology that his sister may or may not be aware of. Oftentimes, he would find himself not being able to rest for more than an hour simply because of his older sister's hustle.

Of course, he knew that his sister has no ill intentions; she simply wants what is best for the two. While the mock recital continues, he notices that the older sister is seeming to lose composure every minute it progresses. Her hair is messy, her fingers twitching, her back is slouched for being in that position for an extended amount of time.

Worried for his beloved older sister, he tugged one of her sleeves carefully as to make sure that she isn't in the zone. The moment she stopped playing is when the music came to an abrupt halt...

" Yes, little brother? Is there something you want to tell me? "

Sunny started to make hand gestures hastily as to get the message straight. It's not that he's physically unable to speak, but more of not wanting to speak unless if he *really* needs to. He's aware that the performance as well as the duo they've made is important to her as well, he tries to signal his input and makes sure that the little brother doesn't offend her by accident.

" What do you mean, little brother? I'm just trying to help you get better at violin. "

Sunny then continues to elaborate further on his stance on the matter. Her face scrunches up quite a bit - though she doesn't realize it just yet - and it freaks the distressed Sunny out.

" Sunny, " the perfectionist of the family grabbed his shoulders as the little brother tenses up on the act, seeming threatened, " I know you want to take a break, but the performance is in a few hours. We need to make sure that everything we do at the stage is perfect. "

Any hope for this to go well is slim, he thought. The kid rarely sees his older sister angry towards him and he doesn't want to see that again. He dropped his violin so suddenly that it shook Mari out of leaving her piano and checking on Sunny. " Little brother!? Little brother, what's wrong!? "