7.2 A sudden announcement

Start from the beginning

"U-uh, Damn it. I'm going back." Said Sudo with a defeated tone.

After he departed "You should control your tongue, or he might really hit you. Don't come crying to me if he really hits you." I said

"You too?  I'd thought you'd support me, Kiyo," said Nino. 

"I'm grateful that you helped me with Sudo. But, you shouldn't insult random people." 

"B-but, I couldn't stand when he was ordering you," said Nino while fidgeting her fingers.

This girl's cute but sometimes hopeless, huh? 

"Well, thanks," I said

"You better be." She said with a pride smug

***

A little while later, the crowd started getting riled up and making noise. The students' enthusiasm increased by leaps and bounds as we sailed closer and the island became clearer. 

I'd thought that the ship would have gone directly to the island, but for some reason, we passed the pier and started circling around. 

The island, on loan from the government, had a surface area of about 0.5 square kilometers. The highest point of the island reached 230 meters. In comparison to Japan's total area, the island was tiny, but when seen by one hundred-odd people on a cruise ship, it looked unbelievably massive. 

Eventually, the boat made a complete pass around the island. The ship continued to circle without changing speed, barely making a splash as it moved almost unnaturally fast through the water.

"Such a mysterious sight! It's so moving! Don't you think so, Ayanokouji-kun?" Kushida gushed. 

"O-oh. Yeah, I guess." As I looked at Kushida, whose eyes sparkled as she looked at the deserted island, my heart started to pound. Kushida really was cute. I wanted to protect her smile and her childlike mannerisms.

An announcement came over the PA speakers. "We will disembark in thirty minutes. Please assemble on the deck. All students should have changed into their jerseys. Make sure to check your designated bag and your luggage, and do not forget your cell phone. Please keep all other personal items in your room. There is a possibility that you will not be able to visit the bathroom for some time, so please do so now." 

"Something's fishy," said Miku who suddenly came to us. She was probably worried about why I was with Kushida.

"Oh, hello. How are you doing, Miku-san," asked Kushida. In my opinion, she thinks Miku is harmless than her sisters. I'm sure she hates Ichika like how she hates me and Horikita. She might even consider Ichika to be the first in her list where Kushida should expel. She knows it's hard to expel me, so Kushida might keep me last on the list.

It's somewhat my fault for bringing her to this mess, so I will help her. Losing her would be lamentable since she is...

"I'm good, Kushida-san"

"Oh, what are you doing here?" Speak of the devil.

Kushida slightly flinched that one of her mortal enemies came to her. But she quickly regained her composure.

"N-nothing, Ichika-san."

"What are you doing here, Ichika?" I asked.

"Nothing~ I just came to check this beautiful view," said Ichika while smiling at me. Her smile is looking natural than ever.