7.1 Summer Vacation On A Cruise!?

Ayanokouji POV

The endless summer sea. The infinite blue skies. The perfectly clear air. Here, amid the Pacific Ocean, we didn't feel the intense midsummer heat, and the gentle sea breeze kissed our bodies. Yes, this really was an oceanic paradise.

"Whoa! This is the beeeeeeesssssst!" shouted Ike Kenji, both hands raised high in the air. His voice echoed across the deck of the luxury liner.

Normally, someone would have grumbled or shouted "shut up" in response. But just for today, no one minded, instead of enjoying this moment of bliss. The view from the "special seats" on the deck was exceptionally gorgeous.

"This view is incredible! I'm honestly super moved right now!" A group of girls led by my Mentee Nakano Nino came out from the ship's cabin. Nino pointed out to the expansive ocean, wearing a radiant smile. Ichika and Yotsuba are behind her.

"Yup. This is the best. Right, Kiyotaka-san?" Yotsuba looked towards me and asked.

"Yeah. Sure it is." I replied with some enthusiasm because Yotsuba wouldn't stop bothering me if I didn't show any feelings. It's good someone who can look out for me, but I would not let them get too close with my personal life.

"Uwaah! You sure are gloomy." Nino said to me which made other girls giggle due to her straight-laced speech.

I ignored her which made her angry but stayed quiet.

"Seriously, the scenery here is just amazing!" Kushida Kikyou was also present among the group of girls.

It looked like the extraordinary view had stolen her breath away. After overcoming numerous hardships, midterms, and the final exam, we had welcomed summer vacation with open arms.

The Advanced Nurturing High School had arranged for an extravagant two-week trip—a cruise on a luxury liner.

"Wow, Ken, you must be happy you didn't get expelled. I mean, if this were a normal trip, it would've been impossible for us to go. Hey, how did it feel to be on the verge of expulsion, since you had the lowest score on the final? Come on, tell me. How did it feel?"

Even though Yamauchi Haruki was insulting him, Sudou Ken was far from being in a foul mood. In fact, he howled with laughter in response, sounding more like the baying of a lone wolf than a high schooler.

"With my skills, there was nothing to worry about. Didn't I tell you I'd prove myself, and it'd be easy?"

We had faced oblivion just a short while ago, but this trip completely blew those feelings away. Perhaps the blue seas had washed away our everyday troubles.

So as I thought

"No way a dork like you could pretend to be smart." Said the pissed-off Nino. Seriously this girl should control her tongue. Most boys are not retaliating due to her being cute and beautiful.

"Shut up." Said Sudo who is clearly flustered.

"I never dreamed that high schoolers could go on such a luxurious cruise. And it's for two whole weeks. Two weeks! When my mom and dad hear about this, they're gonna be so shocked they'll wet themselves!" As Sudou had bluntly added, this was certainly no ordinary trip.

At our government-sponsored school, there was absolutely no need for us to pay for tuition or other miscellaneous expenses—which, of course, included this trip. We received the best of special treatment. The cruise liner and its facilities were of the highest possible quality. This ship was fully equipped with everything from prestigious restaurants to a theater, and even an upscale spa. On my own, this would probably have cost me about 100,000 yen, even in the off-season.