2.3 S- system

Ayanokoji POV

I didn't expect the chairman to know that man and the white room. What was more unbelievable is he asked me to tutor the quints. I think it is gonna be a pain.

Ichika and Yotsuba were easygoing. Itsuki was asking me some questions which I didn't mind answering. Miku was quiet and wanted my contact number. I think she is analyzing me. Nino is going to be the most troublesome. She asked me some annoying questions, which made me show them 3% of my darkness.

The next thing I saw 70–80 percent of the students headed toward the dormitories. The remaining students quickly formed into groups. Some made their way to cafés, while the louder ones went out for karaoke. The hustle and bustle quickly died down. On a whim, I decided to swing by the convenience store on my way back to the dormitory. Of course, I went alone. I didn't have a chaperone, or acquaintance, or anyone like that.

I was buying some groceries and saw some noodle cups. I never ate instant ramen. I was quite interested in tasting it.

'Noodle cups. They have so many kinds'

I picked up a noodle cup and examined the price tag. It said 156 yen, but I couldn't tell whether that was expensive or cheap. Even though the school referred to its credit system as points, the prices were all listed in yen.

Nino: "Oh, so you came to shop as well."

Kiyo: "Oh, hey. What are you buying?"

Nino: "Groceries. My sisters don't know how to cook, so I cook for them. I came with Sato-san and Matsushita-san."

Sato: "Here you are, Nino-chan. Oh, hello Ayanokoji-kun."

So she came with Sato and Matsushita. They are pretty much gyaru types, so they get along very well.

Kiyo: "Hello, Sato."

Sato: "What is the relationship between you two."

Nino: "Um-well--"

Kiyo: "There was a problem with entrance exam results. So the chairman called us and told us about it. We became acquainted later"

'Wow. He is lying as he breathes.' - Nino

Matsushita: "Oh. So that's why you became closer. I thought Nino is going to roast you like what she did that Yama-- something."

'Yamauchi. I feel pity for you. The girls don't even recognize that you exist'

Sato: "Yeah. I thought the same initially. But she is talking to him with no hostility."

Nino: "Hey, Maya and Chiaki. I am not that bad" Nino pouted. Honestly, she looked cute.

Matsushita: "My bad. What are you buying, Ayanokoji-kun"

Kiyo: "Noodle cups. I've never tasted one. I want to try it."

Nino: "Huh? What do you mean? You've never tasted the common snack in Japan. For some people, it is the staple diet."

Kiyo: "No. My father was strict and ordered me to follow a strict diet since my childhood."

Sato: "Eh? Your father must be very strict?"

Calling that man my father feels odd. He was never a father to me. He used me for his ambitions. But I don't hate him. I still don't feel anything towards him or that place. I don't feel anything. I am hollow. I came here to learn what it means to be normal. What is merit? What is equality? That is the reason I came here.

Kiyo: "Yeah, he is."

Matsushita: "What about your mother?"

Kiyo: "I've never met her."