Chapter 4: My Life Was A Lie

Disclaimer: I do not own PJO/HoO!

Percy POV

"What!" I shout, stunned. How could I be Chaos' son?

"It is true," says Order, her face filled with both surprise and happiness. "There is a legend that says that the one with the black wings is our lost son." I sputter, unable to speak.

"This party is going to be cut short. Everyone may go to bed except the angels. Thank you, for being here and witnessing this surprising, yet divine, moment" says Chaos, to the crowd. Unsurprisingly, they get up and leave immediately.

"Ok." I start, finally getting my voice back, "I am so, so confused. I thought that my mother was Sally Jackson and my father was Poseidon. How did I get from being sent down to Earth to protect me, to my entire identity changing?" I start to pace as Chaos, dad, whatever, answers.

"We might have messed with their brain..." he answers sheepishly. I turn and raise an eyebrow at him.

"Really?"

He nods and I sigh, putting my head in my hands. After a few deep breaths, I look up.

"Ok. Where are these angel people?" I ask, noticing that they moved from their positions beside the thrones. Order laughs and juts her chin out, pointing it behind me.

"They've been behind you this entire time."

I whirl around and jump, barely holding back a scream. One of them was so close behind me, I'm surprised I couldn't feel his breath on my neck.

"Lord Chaos, Lady Order," the one that was behind me says. That voice, I think to myself, it sounds familiar.

"Please reveal yourselves," father says in response. Woah, when did I start calling him father?

"Yes sir," replies the one that spoke before. "I am Luke Castellan," he slides down his hood, "code name; Alpha."

The next person steps forward, "I am Bianca di Angelo," she pushes her hood down, "code name; Angel."

Another girl steps forward. "My name is Zoe Nightshade, but here, I am known as Huntress."

A boy comes up next. "Here I am Vines, I am really Castor Anderson."

Two more people come up and they are holding hands. If the pattern continues, I have a feeling I know who they are. "Charles Beckendorf and Silena Beugaurd," Beckendorf says. "Code names are Forge and Beauty."

A boy comes up, "I am Ethan Nakamura, but here, I am known as Revenge."

The last two people who come up sound a little like brothers. "Our code names are Bow and Arrow here, but our real names are Lee Fletcher and Michael Yew."

When they finish, I stare at them all, stunned. I let them die. Each and every one of them.

Alpha seems to read my mind, as he comes up to me and says gently, "Omega, remember, we didn't really die, we just left Earth and came back here." I nod, not really processing his words.

"Cough, cough" I snap out of my stupor and we all look at Chaos. "Omega, would you please try to light your hand on fire?" he asks, shifting around on his feet. I look at him like he is crazy again.

"I swear, if I burn my hand because of you..." I trail off and he gulps, actually looking scared.

"Please?" He asks. I sigh and close my eyes. I envision a small fire in my hand. When I open my eyes there is a black fire in my hand. I yelp and shake my hand around to try to put it out. I stop when I realize it isn't burning me and just stare at it, confused. I touch it with my other hand. Nothing. Then I start to throw it up like a ball. I grin when I realize it isn't going to hurt me. I start playing around with it. Making fireballs and tossing and catching them. I imagine the fire going out and it goes out. I spread my wings and imagine them lighting with the weird black fire. They light. I imagine them going out and they go out. I laugh and look at the angels and the primordials. I stop short when I see that everyone is looking at me in awe.