The First Green Goblin Encounter

Start from the beginning

"Oh hey, Babe. I didn't know you were going to be here." He said happily. He walked over and greeted me with a kiss. He held my hands and pulled me to my feet. Tucking some of my hair behind my ear. "This is a nice surprise."

"Oh, yeah. I was planning on surprising you. So, here I am. Surprise." I said trying to sound as happy as I could.

"Okay, what's wrong." He chuckled.

"What? Nothing." I scoffed.

"I know you a lot better than that. Come on, tell me." He said sweetly and I sighed.

Oh, you know, your best friend is mad at me for going to an event with you instead of him, and things between us have been a-lot more intimately feeling lately. I could almost swear, he likes me, but maybe it's just because I'm Spider-Woman. If I wasn't he likely wouldn't give me a second glance as more than a friend. But, here I am dating his best friend, when I'm in love with someone else. I thought sarcastically and rolled my eyes. I could never tell him that.

"Nothing, really. I was actually hoping maybe you wanted to come hang out at my place for a little while?" I asked sweetly. Harry's eye's widened and he nodded vigorously.

I was angry at Peter for being mad at me due to something so stupid. If he liked me, then maybe he should tell me. So, Harry and I went back to my single bedroom apartment and hung out for the day. It was nice, to spend sometime with him, without being interrupted. We watched a movie in my bedroom and cuddled together on my bed. Harry started to kiss me, laying us down while hovering above me. The kiss picked up and got passionate quickly. Soon enough, our clothes were stripped and we gave each other our first times. It was enjoyable, really, but I didn't feel that spark of passion they said you were supposed to have with your partner.

A few days later it was time for the festival. I had decided to wear a pretty pink strapless dress. There was no where to hid my suit, or my web shooters, so I stuck them all on my purse, with a special compartment I had made. I figured if for some strange reason I needed them, they'd be easily accessible.

Harry and I stood on a balcony overlooking the crowd.

"Welcome to OSCORP Industries Unity Day Festival. Let's hear it for Macy Gray!" The announcer on the PA system said.

Time Square was filled with people, and giant balloons like you'd find at the thanksgiving day parade. There was music bumping and it was a great time. That was for the people enjoying it, anyway. I stood next to Harry akwardly as I looked around the ground for any sign of Peter. I spotted his little figure taking pictures of the event. I sighed and held Harry's arm as he introduced me to his Father's company's colleagues. We stood off to the side afterwards and Harry gave me a glass of champagne.

"Hey, Cate, why didn't you wear the black dress?" He asked curiously. He had bought me a black dress, but it wasn't something I'd look good in. I tried to speak to explain, but he cut me off. "I just wanted, to make a good impression with my Father you know? He loves black."

"Harry, he's already met me. If he was going to be impressed he already would have been. And you said, it didn't matter if he liked me or not, because you already do. And I thought this one made me look pretty." I said adjusting my dress with my hands. Harry grabbed them and brought them up to his mouth. He kissed each of my knuckles.

"I think it make's you look beautiful. And I do like you. I love you." He grinned and held onto my hips pulling me in for a kiss. I smiled into it and then pulled away.

"I love you, too."

"You know," He whispered into my ear walking around the back of me. "You were right, that dress is pretty. But you know where it would look even better? On my floor, after this celebration." He moved some of my hair and gently kissed my neck and I shivered. Goosebumps raised along my arms and neck.