Chapter XVIII - A Cry Baby

Start from the beginning

(Y/n) barks at him, despite her red face. "NO! I'm only nervous because the last time I saw him was under different circumstances! I nearly killed the guy!"

Takemichi blinks in realization. "Oh right. I guess that something to consider."

(Y/n) irks. "You forgot?"

Takemichi walks in front again. "But we already talked it before. Chifuyu'll most likely forgive you. He's one of the nicest guys I know. Well, more like he only guy I know that's nice. Anyway, you get the point." (Y/n) subconsciously follows him. "--Everything'll be fine. Just stay beside me, and I'll protect you. Just like I promised before." He looks at her from the corner of his eye, exchanging a genuine smile.

(Y/n) pouts. "For all we know, you could be saying that to sound cool."

Takemichi chuckles. "Maybe."

"Maybe he says.." (Y/n) sighs out of disapproval.

The two eventually reach to the top of the staircase, where there was everyone else. The meeting had yet to start, but they came just in time.

Draken was the first to react with a smile. "Well, then..."

As the two walk down the clear pathway, quiet mutters whelm the tense atmosphere. Everyone from Toman was looking at them.

"It's Hanagaki..."

"And (L/n)..."

"(L/n) actually obliged to join? Seriously?"

"And Mikey's okay with it?"

(Y/n)'s frown deepens, displeased with the side comments that were going on around her. 'At least make an effort to actually talk quietly...' She thinks.

"That's definitely not your look." Draken greets the two with a teasing remark.

Takemichi admits. "Yeah, I'm pretty sure this jacket's wearing me."

(Y/n) pats down on the wrinkles of her uniform. "I kind of feel like I stand out, to be honest..."

Draken puts aside their reaffirmation and says. "Well, I formally welcome you to Toman. The both of you."

Takemichi stands firm. "Right! Thank you very much!" He performs a bow, while (Y/n) puts on a dumbfounded look. But he then nudges her by the shoulder, signaling her to do the same.

(Y/n) exhales, a bit annoyed to be making an eccentric greeting, but bows anyway.

"Right." Draken returns his eyes to the upper level of the shrine. "Anyway..." He announces. "Let's get this meeting started!"

"Wait a damn moment!" Someone from the crowd yells. "You mean to tell me that despite everything, (L/n) gets a free-pass to join Toman?!"

Others from the biker gang join him. "That's right! She was fighting Hanagaki during Bloody Halloween! Along with Baji! For all we know, she would've been behind his death!"

"So (L/n) being here is like a plague at the very same time we fight other gangs!" A different person adds on to the argument. "Who's to say she won't stab us in the back in the near future?!"

Takemichi furrows his eyebrows at those that dared to protest against (Y/n). 'What the hell are they talking about?'

"She joined Valhalla out of her own will! That alone should enough!" More start to agree with the idea of denouncing (Y/n) as a Toman member.

"Isn't she also Hanma's target? As well as Valhalla's target?!"

(Y/n) lowers her head. 'I knew it.' She wears an empty look and already begins to take her leave. Though after she turns, one of her hands gets held by Takemichi once again. Her eyes widen slightly, and her eyes are locked with the time leaper.