Chapter XIV - Dead or Alive

Mikey pants at a slow pace, staring down at Kazutora's unconscious body while doing so. He soon loses all the strength in his legs and falls on his knees. He subconsciously jerks his head down, making the decision to rest then and there.

A gasp escapes (Y/n)'s lips when, her feet planted to the base of the car pile. 'He's knelt down!' The anxiety within her grows. 'And he's not moving a muscle!' Her eyes go wide with realization. 'Meaning that he's vulnerable enough for someone to...!'

The last of the Valhalla captains, Choji, wields out a solid baton. "Follow me!" He gathers his own squad to accompany him in his upcoming attack. "We're gonna take Mikey down!"

(Y/n) tilts her head over her shoulder, jaw dropped. 'I knew it!' Choji and his squad just so happened to be running towards her. 'They're gonna try to kill Mikey at his most weakest point!' The squad reaches to her and neglect her completely, a good amount of them carelessly bumping into her. 'Shit!' The girl loses her balance and falls on her butt. She instinctively crosses her arms over her shoulders, avoiding the dirt from being caught in her eyes.

"Let's go!" Choji's is still in the front, already on top of the cars among the pile.

(Y/n) is still on the ground, watching from afar as the Valhalla squad proceeds to climb up the pile of cars. 'I have to do something!' She returns to her two feet and starts her journey to the top. 'If I don't, Mikey will die! And Toman will lose!' She grits her teeth tightly, trying her hardest to ignore the aching that comes from her legs and arms.

'I'll do whatever it takes to help Mikey and the rest of Toman! Because all of them would do the same thing for me!'

~•~

Opening - Cry Baby by Official Hige Dandism

~•~

(Y/n) struggles to catch up with Choji, way behind. Although she was skilled in fighting and running, the rusty cars she had to hop and climb onto made it difficult for her to match the pace of the Valhalla captains, as well as the rest of the gang.

But regardless, she motivates her pull through until the very end. Though in the process, she had started to get agitated. "GET OUT OF MY WAY!" She pushes away two Valhalla members that were in front of her, leaping forward to continue her voyage to the top of the car pile.

"(L/n)!" Chifuyu wasn't far from the car pile, witnessing (Y/n) making her move to save Mikey. He head-butts the Valhalla member that dared to touch him, then turns to sucker punch the other one in the face. 'I can't let her and Takemitchy fight alone!' He tells himself. 'I have to help them!'

Along the way, (Y/n) subconsciously grabs onto the shoulder of another member from Valhalla, anticipating she could drag him back. Instead, she gets elbowed to the face and falls off the edge of the car she stood on. She grunts as she rolls down the rough material of the old cars she fell on. She's still very far from where Mikey was.

'It's too late!' (Y/n) immediately stands up, heaving her chest up and down as she pants. 'I won't be able to make it there in time!' She forms her hands into tight fists. 'Damn it!'

"You're down to earth, (Y/n)-chin."

'Damn it...!'