Chapter II - For Myself

(Y/n) is taken outside of the campus by Mikey and Draken, treated to a beverage of her choosing at the nearest convenience store. There, they converse at the empty parking lot. The poor girl remained quiet, her mind still trying to process the sudden realization that came to her just an hour ago.

'The commander of the Tokyo Manji Gang, Manjiro Sano...' (Y/n)'s eyes narrow at Mikey, drinking off the can that holds her beverage. 'Also known as the Invisible Mikey. Plenty of people have heard of him. His gang, the Tokyo Manji Gang, conquers Shibuya. But unlike most gangs, they're respectful and clean after themselves.'

Mikey's attention goes to (Y/n), putting aside his conversation with Draken. "What's wrong?" He tilts his head to the side.

(Y/n) wasn't one to hide her feelings. She gives her honest answer. "It's not everyday that the commander and vice commander of Toman come to school. Unless for a good reason, I can assume."

Mikey laughs at this, amused. "Yeah, I guess you're right to think that way." He exchanges a closed eye grin. "I'm already starting to like you, (Y/n)-chin!"

(Y/n) doesn't mind the nickname at all. If anything, she was flattered to be given one in the first place. She shakes her head slightly to then ask. "That being said, why did you take a liking to me?"

"Why?" Mikey trails his eyes away from her. "Well..." He hums and closes his eyes, lowering his head down. "Because you remind me of myself. Maybe."

"Maybe..?" (Y/n) could feel one of her eyebrows twitching.

Mikey hesitates. "I noticed how you take great pride in yourself. Followed by your beliefs. And I respect that." (Y/n) jerks up. "When I first heard about you through the rumors, I assumed you were a boy. So meeting you like this is a bit of a surprise on my end. But regardless, that doesn't change the fact that I think you're incredible."

(Y/n) scowls. 'He only JUST met me and he's praising me...isn't he even a bit embarrassed to say stuff like that?'

"What's so incredible about beating people up?" (Y/n) retorts. "I only did it because they provoked me."

"And you were more than justified to do that." Mikey reaffirms. "It's not like watching you beat up people is satisfying. Well, maybe that could be the case in a future scenario. But, what makes you incredible is your personality. You're down to earth, (Y/n)-chin."

"People these days like to put up an image, to hide their insecurities and flaws." Draken jumps in. "They're all talk." He sends (Y/n) a smile. "But not you, (Y/n)."

Mikey follows his gaze to the setting sun, his eyes enraptured at its beauty. "Nowadays, people just think delinquents are lame." He pauses. "I had a big brother, you see. He was ten years older than me." He hesitates yet again. "He's dead now." (Y/n) doesn't say anything to this.

"When my big bro was alive, there were so many biker gangs around here." Mikey glances back at (Y/n), exchanging a bright smile. "You could always hear their super-loud bikes as they went by." He returns his eyes to the sun. "They all acted super tough. They fought all the time...but they always cleaned up their own messes." He frowns and looks at (Y/n) from the corner of his eye. "What's so lame about that?"

These words makes (Y/n) think about the letter from her future self. 'The letter told me to avoid meeting Mikey and Draken, but why? I've only just met them, but by the looks of it, they actually seem like nice, genuine people that mean well.'

A smile reappears on Mikey's face. "That's why I'm gonna make a new era for delinquents." He advises to (Y/n). "You should come with me."

(Y/n) remains quiet, mentally telling herself to reject the offer then and there. The last thing she wanted to do was to put her own life at risk, just to fit in a biker gang.