Chapter XVIII - A Cry Baby

ابدأ من البداية

"Nah. I'm much rather talk to you verbally." (Y/n) says, her smile stretching outwards. "I'm sure you'd prefer that way, too?"

Kazutora blushes, but he avoids eye contact. "It's not about preference..."

"Sure it is." (Y/n) debates. "How else are we gonna communicate properly, if you don't share your own feelings?"

Kazutora sighs heavily. "Your way of talking is too blunt to my liking..."

(Y/n) scowls. "Yeah, I get that a lot."

That morning, a bond had been formed between the two delinquents, to which would grow little by little in the years to come.

~•~

Opening - Cry Baby by Official Hige Dandism

~•~

[The Next Day - November 15th]

Tonight would be (Y/n) and Takemichi's debut, as official members of Toman. Both of them wear their uniform, personally made by Mitsuya, and make their journey up the staircase of the Musashi Shrine.

Walking ahead of the two were Mitsuya and Peh-yan. "Hurry up, Takemitchy, (Y/n)." The former vice captain of the third division says, stopping at the middle of the stairs.

A faint blush colors Takemichi's cheeks, this being the very first time he was wearing the uniform. "This is sorta embarrassing."

Mitsuya grins. "All right, let's show you off."

Takemichi nods in agreement. "Right!" He notices (Y/n) coming to a halt and stops as well. "(Y/n)?"

(Y/n) still had her doubts on whether she'd be accepted so easily by everyone else among Toman, considering her recent actions and behavior. "Maybe I should go back home." She sheepishly rubs the back of her neck. "It's way too soon for me to show up, isn't it?"

Takemichi closes in on the distance, grabbing one of her hands to reassure to her. "It's okay." He gives her a warm smile. "No matter of what happens, I'll be right beside you. Mikey-kun, Draken-kun, and Mitsuya-kun will be, too. And Chifuyu."

(Y/n) wears a face of gloom when she hears the vice captain's name. "Right..."

Takemichi quirks up an eyebrow. "What's wrong?"

(Y/n) looks the other way. "I guess I'm just a bit nervous..."

"About what?" Takemichi portrays a skeptical look.

"You know..." (Y/n) finds it difficult to look at Takemichi in the eye, not wanting to reply.

Takemichi gets even more suspicious about the girl's behavior. "It's weird seeing you anxious. It happens rarely, so it's a bit on unsettling, too." He puts his hands on his hips. "What's wrong?" (Y/n) remains quiet, doing her utmost to not make eye contact. "The suspense is killing me, (Y/n), what?" Yet no response.

The devastating silence soon enabled Takemichi to depict the source of her anxiety. "Wait--could it be about Chifuyu?" (Y/n)'s face turns beet red in reaction. "So it is?" A smirk forms on the time leaper's face. "Oh, I get it now! You're nervous about seeing Chifuyu again!" He takes a step forward, his eyes glittering with anticipation. "The look on your face says it all! Does this mean that you like him?"