Driving In The Getaway Car

Start from the beginning

"You put yours down," says Natasha. I pull my gun out and look at it. "Watch your step," says Natasha. Yelena chuckles softly.

At this point, their voices are very muffled. Then I hear fighting. Is this really how Yelena wants to sort things out? I hear things breaking. "Stay down. Stay down. Stay down," says Natasha.

Yelena yells and I hear a plate break. They're both grunting and yelling. I hear a bang and glass shatter.

That's it! I'm done listening to this. I walk out of the closet with my gun in my hand in case I need to get their attention.

Yelena sits up and sees me. "Lizzie, go back where it's safe," says Yelena. "Lizzie?" asks Natasha. She whips around and sees me.

"Hi, Nat. Anyways, Yelena, this is your way of sorting things out? Fighting with your older sister?" I say. "Lizzie, I thought I told you to stay in the closet. I told you to stay so you wouldn't have to see this," says Yelena sternly with her voice raised a little.

I hate it when Yelena is stern with me. Add having her voice a little raised and it's a little scary.

"I could hear everything. These walls are really thin," I say. "Lizzie, how are you still four? That was 21 years ago," says Natasha. "Actually, I'm six. Anyways, Dreykov froze me until two years ago. But, you two continue doing what did you say, Nat? "Talking like grown-ups?" I say. Then I walk out of the room and back into the closet.

I close the door behind me and sink in front of it with my head in my hands. "Why was I so stupid that I had to go and meddle with my older sisters?" I mumble to myself. I hear my sisters continue fighting.

A few minutes later, there's a knock on the door. "Lizzie?" says Yelena. I don't answer. "Lizzie, I want to talk to you," says Natasha. "Why?" I say. "Because I missed you," says Natasha. "Fine, you can come in. Yelena can't," I say.

I stand up and open the door. Natasha walks in and Yelena looks a little hurt that I won't let her in. "You scared me," I say simply, before closing the door.

I sit on the floor and break down crying. I haven't seen Natasha in 19 years. "Hey, hey. It's alright. I'm not going anywhere. I promise," says Natasha as she pulls me onto her lap and cuddles me just like she used to. This brings me some comfort.

"I missed you. But, anyway, that's what I thought last time, and look what happened," I say. "I promise this time will be different. You're not going back there. None of us are," says Natasha.

"How do you know? I'm part of Dreykov's grand plan to lure you back there," I say. "That's not gonna happen. You're free now and so is Yelena," says Natasha.

Then she goes serious and says "Did she really scare you when she raised her voice?" "Yes. In the Red Room, raised voices meant trouble for me. I learned to secretly fear raised voices and mistakes," I say.

"Oh, Lizzie. Yelena's your sister. She loves you and she doesn't want to scare you or hurt you. She just wants to protect you," says Natasha. I nod. "Okay," I say.

I hug Natasha tighter and she hugs me back a little tighter than I'm hugging her. This warms my heart.

After another moment of hugging, I get up and open the door revealing a sulking Yelena. "I'm sorry," says Yelena. I disregard this and I fling myself onto her and hug her. "It's okay. I just care that I have you two back now," I say. Yelena and Natasha smile.

I leave them to change in the closet. I'm already in an outfit that I can do anything in. Aka, a jumpsuit. My go-to outfit. Especially on missions.

They come back out into the kitchen and Yelena asks about the arrow marks on the wall. Nat answers that but I don't hear her because I feel like something bad is about to happen.