Part - 6

Office was buzzing with murmurs, everyone had their mobile in hand and was discussing something so serious. Vikram for a moment took is phone to see if he missed any important news/ office email. There was none. The team saw him coming and pretended they were back to they chairs. Once he move inside his cabin they were back to discussion. He was curious.

Just then team admin came in, to get some signature on few documents.

"Enna inni team romba interesting uh yedho discuss pannuranga? Did I miss anything when I was gone"? Vikram casually asked the admin.

"Adhuva sir, Ellam nama Keerthana madam pathi dhan. Seems she posted a picture with her boyfriend"!, the admin said casually without see the reaction on his face.

He wanted to see, what she posted. Vikram isn't the kind of person to check social media first thing in the morning.

"I need to call someone immediately, can you come after 1 hour?" Vikram urged the admin to leave his cabin. Admin left without closing the door properly and Vikram was able to hear the conversation that was happening

Person1 : I knew it, this is going to happen, when they were here. they were always a thing.

Person2: I thought it died down when he left year back and I knew the moment Keerthana shared that she is going to US to study, one of the reason must be him.

Person3: Aww they look cute together.

Person1: Thats so generous of him to surprise her by visiting just to spend one day with her. He is working in California office right.

Person2: He would move mountains for her, idhu enna avanuku perusa. When he was here, remember how much surprises he gave.

Person3: Grapevine, I heard him talk to someone in cafe that he was ready to confess to her, but he had to leave. I hope atleast he was able to do it now.

Thats was the final straw, for Vikram to bust out of his office to shut people talking more about her, but he calmed himself down and walked out, which made people to concentrate on their work.

Vikram quickly opened IG and saw what she has posted. It was a picture of her with a guy. #surprise. the guy was good looking, seems like almost of her age, with the way they posed for the picture looks like they are comfortable with each others proximity.

stop is Vikram, what are you even thinking. he thought to himself.

hello hello, seems like you have a competition or you never had chance!, his mind voice jumped in. He rolled his eyes.

stop, she is my girl, I trust her. oru paiyan kooda photo podhuradhulam oru matter uh!., he dismissed his mv

paiyan'oda photo podhuradhu thappu illa, they were a thing nu pesikuranga. Nee India vandha gap la, I hope nothing got rekindled, his mv let out a sarcastic comment which irritated Vikram.

Though they addressed their age related insecurities, Vikram always had this thought that, whether he is right for her. Sure she is capable to know who she wants in life, to be honest, this thought of what if there is a better guy younger to him comes in her life, did some irk him. He isn't jealous, he genuinely wants her to be happy with whom she likes..

Just as when he was deeper in thoughts, his phone rang and it was Keerthana. He moved to room where he isn't disturbed and picked the call.

"Hiii, Vikram. Enna miss pannuneengala?" keerthana casually asked him.

"Hmmm", that's all he could give as reply

"Enna hmm mattum dhana??, Are you okay?", Keerthana was worried.