Part - 4

"Vikram, this country fair happening in Naperville, is my favorite, I have this in my wish list. its happening from today. I am planning to go in the evening after everything is done, I heard the fair looks exquisite at night and I loved it when I saw the pictures from previous year.", Keerthana was going on and on during a break they took for coffee.

Vikram could only humm in response, as his mind was completely engrossed in work, whether everything related to the project signing was done. 

"Enna Vikram, you aren't saying anything", Keerthana's enthusiasm diminished seeing Vikram is in another world.

"Oh, I think a documentation is missed in the project, Let me get hold of the team to get it done", Vikram left her without waiting for her.

Did he really listen to you? Perusa flight I will take you everywhere nu sonnaru, ippo enna kandumaka pooraru!, her mind voice said.

Didn't you not hear, there is something missing in documentation, he obviously will have to give attention to that. I know he is busy. obviously we didn't come here to check off my wish list, we are here for work, she replied her mindvoice.

Irrundhalum, apadiya ma koottitu pooren'nu sollirrukalam, her mind voice said. 

Keerthana rolled her eyes not willing to entertain her mind voice anymore and left the cafe. 

It was almost end of the workday and keerthana could see that, Vikram was busy. Since she wasn't involved in the project signing process, she had enough free time once her work was over. it was almost evening 5pm and she didn't want to bother Vikram, she left a text to him that she is left office. she headed to her apartment to change and catch the Greyhound(popular bus service in US) to Naperville. Naperville is a small city 30 mins away from Chicago by drive, giving suburban feel completely contrast to magnificent building and busy lifestyle in Chicago. 

She boarded the bus, made herself comfortable in a window seat, listening to her favorite playlist and enjoying the view.

Vikram kooda irrundhu irrundha nalla irundhuirukumo?, her mind voice poked. 

Ya would have been nice, but solo travel Kooda okay dhan, if  Vikram isn't in US I would have done this anyway, she sincerely replied to her mind voice.

But ippo dhan Vikram is in US la, her mind voice was persistence to create a chaos in her.

Aiyo ramaa, indha mind voice ku end card eh illaya, she thought to herself. 

she replied to her mind voice, Ippo enna Unnaku? Aama Vikram kooda irrndhu irrundha, It would have been nice, but he isn't there and he is busy with work. I cannot be the clingy girlfri---, she couldnt continue

Oh dam, what is happening, Am I his girlfriend? Ya sure we both had an impromptu "date" which wasn't labelled as date. but I am yet to know him more, she thought to herself.

ya ya you take your time to know him more, in the meantime he will find another girl, you do know he is 34 right, you have no time to take your sweet time, her mind voice jumped in.

This did make Keerthana, restless. Sure she likes what's between them, but she can't deny she never thought of this age factor. The whole ride to the fair was restless for her. 

She got down at the bus stop near the fair. She could see, blocks and blocks around the fair was well lit and people were flocking to the fair. A yellow maclaren 720s caught her attention that was parked and there stood Vikram in his beige casual pants with a black fitted shirt paired with black casual sneakers, he was leaning on the car. The whole view looked picture perfect like a vogue shoot. Her heart skipped a beat when he smiled seeing her.