2. Par-tey

2. Par-tey

"Whoa. Your look amazing." Nick said as Bethany slid into his black BMW. She's insisted he parked around the corner form her house, just incase.

Bethany looked down at her skin-tight halter-neck black dress and her thigh high leather DKNY stiletto boots. Yeah, she did look amazing.

Bethany had curled her hair and pinned one side up with bobby pins, she'd covered her eye-lid in a Smokey eye shadow and painted her perfect pout a bright red. She felt fabulous.

"Let’s go already." Bethany said as Nick hit the gas. The BMW shot ahead as the car shook with a heavy thump of a bass from some CD Nick had put on.

It only took about 15 minutes to reach the party. Nick jumped out of the car and opened the door for Bethany. How cute. Bethany gave him a dazzling smile as she slid her long legs out of the car. She strutted across the grass to the big house, knowing all eyes were on her. Some boy’s mouth actually fell open. Loser.

Nick caught up with Bethany and slung his arm around her shoulder. She snuggled into him, and felt him stiffen in surprise. Bethany wasn't usual like this: all snuggling with what-ever boy she was out with. Usual she would have shook Nicks arm off, but tonight she felt weird.

And Nick thought he had a chance.

They jumped the steps off the house, already covered in empty bottles, scraps of food and, oddly, a sock. The air stunk of cheap-beer and sick. Nick rung the door bell, although Bethany doubted anyone would hear with all the heavy music from inside the house, but miraculously, someone answered.

And not just any someone. Whoa, jackpot!

A boy, maybe a year to two older than Bethany, but still in high school, was standing in front of her. His ash-blonde mob of hair fell into his eyes, and wow, what amazing eyes they were. They were the color of manicured grass in the summer, flecked with golden dots. They had such depth to them eyes and Bethany wished she didn't have Nick’s arms around her shoulder...

She shook Nick off, hurt flashed in his eyes, but when he looked between Bethany’s ice-blue eyes locked onto the boys green ones, anger flashed threw him. "Such a player." He said and pushed past the boy. Bethany wrinkled her nose at Nick, but took no real notice. She wasn't going to let her eyes stray from the boy's in front of her.

"Hey, I’m Sean." He said and an arrogant grin spread across his face.

"Bethany." Bethany said, flicking her blue-black hair behind her shoulder. "Are you going to let me in?"

Sean's smile grew wider. He pushed the door open wide and made a motion for Bethany to go threw. Bethany blew him a kiss and went threw the door.

"So, can I get you a beer?" Sean asked as he followed Bethany around to a keg in the corner of the room. The house was jam-packed with sweaty bodies swaying in time to the thumping music. Bethany didn't even want to know what the couple on the couch was doing.

"Su-ure." Bethany watched him pour the beer. She had seen way to many cute-looking guys slip pill into girls drinks. Sean handed her the bear and sniffed it. It just smelt of cheap beer. Sean leaned against the wall, an amused grin on his face.

"Clever girl." he said. Bethany giggled and drunk the beer in one.

"Wanna play beer-pong?" Bethany asked, refilling her plastic-cup. Sean nodded, his hair falling into his eyes. He grabbed three plastic cups and filled them all with beer.

"Do they have a dog?" Bethany said. Sean just shrugged, Jeesh, he didn't talk much.

Bethany went on a hunt for a ping-pong ball while Sean carried the beers into the back garden, putting them in a row on a wooden table.