Fuck it.

"hey dean wanna come to the boneyard party?"

I close my eyes and turn off my phone and wait anxiously.

"Bailey is coming by the way, I asked—during gym." Kie turns to face me. I could see a hint of a smile on her face when she mentions Bailey showing up. Does Kie think Bailey is cute? I didn't mind, she's technically not an ex. I squint at Kie but she didn't seem to notice,"Great. So many people I've kissed in one place."

We finally made it to the boneyard with still no message from Dean even though I keep checking every two seconds like it would change it. JJ and John B carry the keg out while the rest of us get the bags of drinks. Being by the beach after this week calms me a bit. The smell of salt and watching the birds in the sky not have a care in the world.

I'm so jealous of animals who can just go wherever whenever.

They place the keg in the middle of the beach, do what they have to do and JJ posts on his story that we are here. People that are already at the beach flooded over.

JJ seems to be enjoying himself and talking to all the pretty girls who attempt to seduce him. JJ giving in to some and waving off others. I want the one beer in my hand to kick in so quickly that I would have an excuse to do something out of pocket. I swirl the red cup around a bit and took a swing of what was left in the cup. My eyes staying on the blonde taking in the attention he got.

"Stop clenching your jaw—" I jump at the voice next to me, Bailey's voice to be exact "—it'll fuck up your teeth." She laughs at me a bit and then drinks some of her White Claw. "You scared me."

"I could tell by you jumping like a wild cat." I roll my eyes at her and stare into my empty cup.

Suddenly, I feel a vibration in my pocket. My heart did a jolt when I realize it might be Dean.

I hide a smile on my face when I see it is him.

"where is the boneyard?"

"the beach :) you'll see all the people around."

It shows he's typing and I chew on my bottom lip.

"be there in 10"

The smile isn't hidden anymore and Bailey notices,"JJ texting you?"

The smile drops from my face,"No. The new kid—"

Bailey pushes herself off the wall and spit out her drink. "Oh-"

"Dean?!"

I hesitate but nod still. Her excitement is scaring me.

"That's my cousin!" My eyes go wide and I drop my cup on the sand.

"Wha-"

"Well, step-cousin. His dad is not my biological uncle. My aunt married his dad so it's basically her kid." My jaw still drops in shock.

"Liking me must run in the family." I joke with her because this new fact oddly makes the tension between us, mostly me, easier. 

"Nah, I'm more into Kie now." This time my eyes go so wide I think they might fall out. All the girl in front of me does is smirk and continue drinking. I'm offended in the slightest, if anything I was happy for Bailey.

"Since when?" Excitement is obvious in my voice.

"Since she beat me in a track race during gym the other day. Made me realize how hot she is."

"So you just want the crew huh?" I refer to the Pogues. Bailey snorts,"I guess the ones that aren't boys, yeah." We smile at each other and then start laughing.