Festival fun 2 (part 11)

POV MC

I dragged Ismelda away from the crowd and to a private spot so we could chat. She was obviously mad at me but I knew I had to say something about what just happened.

MC: Okay look. I know you're-

Ismelda: I don't wanna hear it! Barnaby doesn't like me and I can't trust you!

MC: Why can't you? I've done nothing wrong. Yeah I made a few mistakes but I never tried to hurt you on purpose.

Ismelda: Liar! Merula told me everything about the ball!

MC: I have a question. Did I ask you anything about the vaults?

Ismelda's face contorted from rage to thought. After a moment her face changed to a face of realization.

Ismelda: No...you didn't.

MC: Look I really do like you but I'm not gonna wait around forever. Ismelda I'm here to tell you that I'm gonna back off.

Ismelda: Why?

MC: Because you don't feel the same way. So look as much as I do care about you. I think it's better if you focused on what you want. Now then let's go back to the festival and enjoy ourselves.

I went to leave but she grabbed my hand.

Ismelda: MC. I do like you and I wanna be with you.

As much as I wanted to hear those words I know that in this moment I can't trust them.

MC: I'm sorry but I don't trust that. I feel like you're only telling me that because you don't want to be alone. I want to believe you. But you don't feel the same way.

Ismelda's eyes watered as I began feeling horrible.

MC: Don't. Don't do that. Now I feel bad. Look I want you to want me because you genuinely wanted me. Not because you just want to take what you can have. It's not fair to either of us. I'm sorry. I wanted to hear those words from you since last year. But now I know they aren't genuine or sincere. Now let's just go back to the festival.

I walked back and I noticed that she wasn't following me. I kept going. She probably needs space.

POV Ismelda

He left. He rejected me. I thought he... Why? I thought he wanted me. He lied. Again. He lied to me again! That goody two shoes bitch!

Ismelda: LIAR!

He stopped and turned to look at me.

Ismelda: I thought you loved me!

MC: Really? Ismelda I'm not lying to you.

Ismelda: YOU ARE! WHY REJECT ME OTHERWISE?!

MC: Because you only said that because Barnaby likes Liz! You're only telling me what I want to hear. I want to know how you feel.

Ismelda: Liar! I know I'm ugly. I know I'm not perfect like Penny or any of your other friends!

MC: Ismelda please just listen-

Ismelda: LEAVE ME ALONE!

I ran away from him. I was so mad and hurt. But was he right? Did I only want him because I couldn't have Barnaby? No. He must be lying. But... I don't know what I want. I made it to the common room and in my bed. I continued to dwell on these thoughts.

Ismelda: What do I want?

POV MC

I watched as she left in a fuss. I still do like her but she doesn't feel the same. Oh well. I made it back to the others only to see Liz and Barnaby playing with some cruppies. Tulip and Penny were hanging out with Ben and Rowan. I was walking back when I bumped into Tonks.

Tonks: Watcha MC. What's wrong?

MC: Ismelda confessed but she only did it because she wanted a boyfriend. So I'm out of luck. But at least I got you guys. Let's have some fun!

We made it back to the others and had some fun. We got our faces painted dud some more duels and even had some fun games to play. But then Merula came along.

Merula:MC? Where is Ismelda?

MC: She got mad because I rejected her.

Merula: What?! I thought-

I then leaned in close to her. She blushed and I smiled.

MC: I do like her. But I don't want to be anyone's second choice. Like you don't want to be mine. I see that red face. You love the more aggressive side I've been showing off. Don't you?

Merula was stuttering and blushing more then I'd thought possible.

MC: What? You look stunned. Is something wrong?

Merula: Y-yeah! Why are you flirting with me?

MC: Am I? I didn't realize.

I was so close to Merula's face that I could feel her breath.

MC: I have a question Merula. How does it feel to be teased for once?

Her face quickly switched to anger as she pushed me away.

Merula: YOU CAN'T DO THAT! JUST BECAUSE I HAVE A CRUSH ON YOU DOESN'T MEAN YOU CAN TEASE ME ABOUT IT MC!

Just then the whole festival turned their heads in shock at what Merula just said. She immediately got red faced and ran away. I then chuckled feeling a little bad.

MC: Okay that's on me. LISTEN EVERYONE JUST ENJOY THE FESTIVAL AND LEAVE HER ALONE. YOU ALL KNOW HOW SHE CAN BE!

I went on to enjoy the festival but I can't help but to worry about the future and the cursed vaults. But that's tomorrow's problem. But today I'm spending it with my friends.