Chapter 17: In Hiding

I didn't see Taehyung again after that, even when I went to bed he didn't appear. I woke up the next day to see a pile of fresh clothes laid out for me on the dresser. A pair of skinny jeans, a t-shirt and a knitted turtleneck. Along with socks and a pair of slippers that had been left neatly by the side of the bed. So he had come in here but he obviously didn't want to stay.

I showered before getting changed, Taehyung's bathroom was as luxurious as his bedroom. It had a bath and shower along with a large mirror above two sets of sinks. I managed to find a hairdryer tucked away in the cabinet to dry my hair.

I hesitated as I reached out to open the door, would Taehyung be downstairs waiting for me? Would he talk to me? Or worse would only Jimin and Jungkook be down there? I shook myself out of my internal worried rambling and just decided to face whatever was waiting for me.

I made my way downstairs, the front door was there with no one guarding it. I listened for any other sounds in the house but it was quiet. I crept tactfully towards it, placing my hand on the door handle. Then I felt a hand on my shoulder. "Where do you think you're going?" A voice said into my ear.

Suddenly I was flying through the air and then landing softly on the sofa in the living room. It took me a few seconds to process what had just happened. "What the-"

"Sit there and don't get any funny ideas," Jimin said in a stern voice as he towered over me.

I pulled my legs into my chest as I pouted at my situation. Jungkook appeared in the seat next to me. "Don't be too sad Piper, we can be fun too."

Jimin scoffed. "Just because we're babysitting you, doesn't mean I have to be nice to you." I rolled my eyes at him. I didn't need a babysitter.

"Ah hyung, don't say that."

"Where's Tae-" I began to say but I was cut off.

"Taehyung is out hunting, he won't return till later." I bit the inside of my cheek, he was definitely avoiding me. I sighed as I rested my head on my knees.

I looked up at both of them. I guess if I'm stuck here I might as well make the most of it. "What do you guys do to pass the time then?"

Jimin and Jungkook looked at each other for a moment before taking me on a tour around the house. I protested of course as I told them Taehyung had already shown me around before. They claimed however that I hadn't seen the west wing of the house. The first room was a library, it was a vast room covered from floor to ceiling with bookshelves upon bookshelves. I opened my mouth in awe at the amount of reading material. "Woah."

"What, are you surprised?" Jimin jibed.

"Well I mean yeah, it's rare that someone has their own personal library." I rolled my eyes at him.

I walked around the room, brushing my hand across the various books. Big and small they seemed to have them all in here. I almost felt like I had gone back in time. I stopped when my hand landed on a very old-looking book. "You can borrow that one if you like," Jungkook said at my side.

I dusted off the book as I pulled it out of the shelf, as I investigated the cover and spine I realised the name 'Jane Austen' was on it. There's no way. "Surely this isn't...one of the original books she released? Way back then?" I said in disbelief.

"Of course it is, you realise Taehyung was around then," Jimin said from his position on the very plump sofa. An image of Taehyung in Victorian-style era clothing suddenly flashed through my head.

My eyes widened in shock. "Oh no, it's so old. I can't possibly borrow it, what if I damage it?" I said placing the book back onto the shelf.

"You won't, here," Jungkook said reassuringly as he put the book back into my hands. I squeezed it tightly against my chest. I was going to treat this book as if it was made out of pure gold.