Chapter 6: Feelings

Before Taehyung left the normal way he explained he would give me some time to decide how I felt about the whole him being a vampire thing. I was grateful for that. I needed time to think things over properly. I didn't want to suddenly jump into something I would regret later. Especially since dating a vampire seemed like a big commitment.

The weekend passed by slowly. I didn't hear from Taehyung once. I still hadn't really decided how I felt. There were pros and cons to dating him. The pros were that I really liked him. He was sweet, kind and caring but then there were the cons. He's a vampire, he bit someone on campus, he's dangerous, he could hurt me. Did I want to involve myself with someone who was that high-risk? But he's always been gentle towards me. Argh, why can't I decide!?

As I stepped out of my apartment onto the brisk street I expected to see Taehyung's warm brown eyes and sweet smile but he wasn't there. I guess he was giving me space, or something?

I trudged my way to campus. Would he be waiting at the gates for me? Would he hold my hand in his again? My dreams were shattered though when I was greeted by an empty gate. He wasn't even in the lecture hall when I walked in. I dragged my feet over to Ava as I took my seat.

"What's up with you?" Ava asked teasingly.

"Nothing," I grumbled back.

I peered around the room trying to spot him but he was nowhere in sight. I wouldn't want him to skip class just so he could give me space. The doors opened and Taehyung swiftly glided into the room seconds before our teacher did. I sat up in anticipation that he would take his usual seat next to me but he didn't. He instead sat in another row.

The bell rang and I stood up quickly but Taehyung dashed out of the room before I could reach him. Is he avoiding me? "Hey, what's wrong with him?" Ava asked me.

"I don't know," I said honestly.

Lunch. He would have to sit with us at lunch, surely. I've never seen him hang out with anyone but us. He wouldn't sit on his own just to avoid me right? Apparently, I was correct as he didn't show up at all. This was getting stupid.

I walked quickly to my next class, the class we sat next to each other in. He can't dodge me here. I waited around the corner of our classroom for him to appear. Once he did I quickly grabbed him and pulled him down the hall into an empty room. He looked at me with wide eyes at my behaviour. "We need to talk," I said.

Taehyung looked down to the floor as his eyebrows began to crease together. "Okay." He said quietly.

I sighed before speaking. "To be frank, the idea of you being a vampire does scare me and the fact that you could be dangerous." I fiddled with my hands as I peered up to see Taehyung's reaction. His gaze was still stuck to the ground.

"But if I'm being completely honest I...I like you." I felt my face heat up at my confession. Taehyung met my gaze, a euphoric expression laid itself across his face as his lips twitched into a smile.

"Really?" Taehyung asked excitedly as he grabbed my hand.

"Y-yes," I said awkwardly as my cheeks continued to burn.

"Really, really?" Taehyung asked even more excitedly as he leaned his face closer to mine.

"How many times do I have to say it!?" I said embarrassed as I tried to hide my face with my free arm.

He leant back as he laughed, his expression completely relieved. I guess waiting for me to decide had been weighing down on him. I tried to leave the classroom but Taehyung pulled my hand back "Where are you going?"

"Uh to class?" I said confused. I fixed everything so shouldn't we still attend class?

Taehyung looked behind me before speaking again. "It already started, we may as well ditch." He said nonchalantly.

"Ditch!?" I turned and saw the clock hung up on the wall behind me, the class was already ten minutes in. Maybe it would be better to skip than be scolded for being late. "Okay fine," I said giving in.

Taehyung's eyes lit up as he led me out of the classroom and outside towards the campus car park. Wait the car park? He let go of my hand as he walked up towards a sleek black car with tinted windows, he opened the driver's door before turning to me. I pointed my finger at the car "You-you-you drive?" I stuttered out.

"Uh, yeah?" Taehyung looked at me confused.

"So hang on. You walked me to and from campus every day even though you drive here?" Why was this man a saint, who could be this kind!?

Taehyung shut the car door as he started to pace towards me "Is something wrong?" He asked in a worried tone.

"No, I just. Why didn't you tell me you drive? I feel awful making you walk me to and from university." I cradled my face in embarrassment

Taehyung walked closer to me as he pried my hands away from my face. "I did it because I wanted to and we don't exactly tire out like humans do." He grinned at me as he squeezed my hands.

"I still feel bad." I pouted.

"I wanted to do it." He said reassuringly as he gazed into my eyes.

I coughed slightly, "So where are we going?" I asked him.

"Well, where would you like to go?" Taehyung asked me as he led me towards the passenger seat, opening the door for me as I got in. I swear I blinked and he was somehow already sitting in the driver's seat.

"Hey, just how fast are you?" I teased as I squinted my eyes at him.

"Very." He flashed his teeth at me as he smiled. "So have you decided?"

"Uh no..is there anywhere you want to go?" I asked curiously.

"Hmm we could just drive and see where we go?" Taehyung suggested.

"Sounds good." I nodded at him as I burrowed my hands into my pockets.

"Are you cold?"

"Just a little bit," I admitted as I pushed my nose into my scarf.

He started the car and cranked up the heat "Do vampires not get cold?" I asked him as I looked at his perfect face.

"No...we're cool like that." He winked at me as he tried to pull off a cool-guy expression.

Pfft. I chuckled. "That was awful." I laughed a bit more at his corny joke before calming down. "I'm jealous. I hate being cold." I admitted to him.

"So shall we go?" Taehyung abruptly said, ignoring my comment of being jealous. I dropped the conversation as I watched Taehyung pull out of campus and onto the road to wherever we were going.

A/N: Just wanted to wish everyone a Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays! 🎄🎅🏻🎁