Chapter 29

Finally chapter 29! Yay!

It's pretty short. Hoepfully the next one will be much longer.

Anyways, enjoy readers!

and...scene...o.o

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 29

Danielle’s POV

The walk back to my room was silent. At the same time it was extremely comfortable, but totally nerve-racking. Did he hate me now? Did I make him angry? I glanced up at his face to find it expressionless. Huffing, I crossed my arms over my chest and drew my eyes back to the ground. What does he have to be mad for anyways? It’s not my fault that I didn’t want to go that far. He may have done it dozens of times, but not me.

“You’re killing me here, princess.”

I looked back up at Gabe with wide eyes. Did he just talk? “Are you talking to me?”

“We’re in a hallway which is empty so I must be talking to you.” His green eyes flickered down at me causing me to blush. Turning away, I punched him hard on his arm with a grin.

“Stop being a smartass.” I rolled my eyes playfully and continued ahead.

He caught up with me, bumping shoulders with me. “There it is. That smile of yours.”

When we finally made it to the room, I stopped in front of him and turned to him. “You want to see something else?” I asked. When he nodded, I flipped him off casually. “Now that’s a sight to see.”

“Ouch. You hurt me, Danielle.” He smirked, setting a hand to his chest. “Now, how are you going to make up for that?”

“I hope a kiss will suffice.” I suggested.

“Maybe it will.” He teased, moving closer to me. I stood still, shutting my eyes awaiting the feel of his captivating lips. But the feeling never came. It was replaced by a sudden thud. My eyes snapped open, finding Charlie there with his hands on Gabe’s throat.

“What the fuck do you think you’re doing with her?” Charlie spat at him.

“Stop, Charlie!” I yelled. I knew it would be crazy for a human to get involved in a quarrel between two vampires, but I couldn’t let him hurt Gabe when he really didn’t do anything.

Gabe frowned angrily at him. “What does it matter to you?”

“More like what it matters to Matt.”

“Last time I checked he was fucking Kat.” Gabe sneered. I scowled at him. Way to put it nicely.

“Quit acting childish and—“

“It’s true, Charlie.” I said. Charlie turned to me, raising an eyebrow.

“He wouldn’t do that.”

“I beg to differ.” Gabe chuckled softly.

“Quiet.” Charlie warned him. Gabe rolled his eyes, but stayed quiet.

“Well, he did. Not necessarily had sex with her, but he was making out with her.” I told him bluntly, surprised at my own calmness. Could I really have gotten over him that quickly?

Charlie dropped his grip from Gabe and fully turned towards me, anger clear across his features. “And you thought you could get back at him by getting with Gabriel?”

My eyes went wide as I shook my head furiously. “It’s not like that. I actually like Gabe. He was there for me. How could you just accuse me of that?”