Chapter 1🌻-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-🌻

Start from the beginning

He appeared capable of catching cobras but was rubbing the bridge of his nose wearily. Ha-Ni scurried behind her cousin's back as her eyes widened in shock. She suddenly recognized this guy- gosh! her mother was going to murder them. You don't get into a row with Korea's cream of the crop and come out unscathed.

"Arthur, please offer me a business card," he said to his tense driver, reaching out his hand to the driver, who quickly bent down inside the passenger side and grabbed the brown leather folder containing some business documents. He zips up a compartment within the folder, pulls out a small, dark business card, and hands it to his boss. The driver was terrified by your angry expression. The business card seemed to be pricey. The card is shiny black with silver embossed letters.

You firmly press your lips together. This man is egotistical and arrogant. Worse yet, it wasn't even your fault. How can your life be this chaotic when you just returned from France a few days ago, and now this terrible thing has occurred? You can feel your courage slowly fleeing your body. Your cousin's eyes were wet with tears when she looked at you, where you stood next to her. They can't afford to lose the restaurant. The wealthy do not have mercy.

"Where must my girl obtain that type of money?" Ha-Ni stammered it out. You wiped your brows as you felt yourself sweat, wondering if it was due to the hot summer weather or your nerves.

The guy snatched the business card and almost shoved it in your face; irritated, you pushed his hand away. Who does this guy think he is when he shoves this filthy card in your face?

"Don't you dare point that saucisses pas assez cuites (undercooked sausages) at me...imbécile!!!" you shriek with irratation aced in your voice.

The young man was visibly stunned, if not speechless. Nobody ever addressed him in that manner! Is she of French origin? His eyes narrowed into yours when he saw your massive, licorice-colored irises. Although you appeared calm, your heart was racing like a roller coaster.

His face was furious as if he wanted to hurl the most heinous insults at you but couldn't find the right words.

He pressed the card into Ha-Ni's trembling hands while staring into her nervous eyes.

"Speak logic into your girlfriend's thick skull." She misses the memo: "You guys are going to pay up, or you miss Les Paens heathen!!! will spend the night in a cell." He turns and points at your sour face. Two people can play language games. He can speak five European languages. Your brows furrow in surprise. Oh, no! He didn't. He understood all this time. He didn't just call you a heathen.

"Sir, we were not... she's not my girlfriend... like, a girlfriend!" Ha-Ni gasps. "She's my cousin." You take a peek at Ha-Ni. How pathetic can you get? You're not going to have to pop anything up. Sorry. Where will you acquire that type of money? to waste on a piece of a high-end metal box? What did he expect with such an expensive piece of crap? Anything can happen on the road; an elephant could sit on his car out of the blue. Will he sue the elephant?

"Oh, shush. Ha- Ni..! You don't have to explain anything to this idiot, Ha-Ni. We're not going to pay anything. Where are we going to acquire that type of money? Sell our organs?" You divert your gaze to the person standing there with a smirk while his mouth is full of teeth.

"Why don't you say something? You're standing there like a wet, nervous, tongueless cat... without saying anything. You drove like three Hell-bound demons were after you!" You turned to scold the driver angrily.

"I'm sorry, Miss... but you drove over a stop sign," he tried to explain to the girl with her stern tone. You let out a gasp. The audacity!

"It's not true!" Just then, you heard a siren- the traffic police showed up. You and Ha-Ni exchanged uneasy looks. You hate being questioned by authorities. You hope your scooter permit is still valid. Why didn't you double-check it? Oh, my goodness, cops make you nervous.