Chapter 5: The 5th Generation

Intro

Let's backtrack a couple of years to when the White Room's 4th generation begun their curriculum.

The first, second and third generations were labelled failures. Whether it was due to the students that were picked or the curriculum itself was unknown, even to Professor Ayanokouji. Despite this, he increased the difficulty of the 4th generation's curriculum to try and get the results he wanted.

While it did take a bit of time, the 4th generation ended up giving him the results he was aiming for since the beginning. This success launched a belief that he could replicate the same with the 5th generation students once they began their curriculum.

At least that was what was going to happen in the first place.

While the even more difficult curriculum, similar to the 4th generation, was incorporated into the 5th generation's curriculum, the slight theme of the curriculum changed due to an argument between the managers of the upcoming 5th generation.

All 4 generations did not only prioritise results from the students, but also individualism. Making friends, teamwork, caring about others in their generation were always either put as a secondary concern or thrown out the window completely as results over a single student were all that mattered. Ayanokouji Kiyotaka of the 4th generation was a prime example of this.

But it was argued that in order to try and raise more geniuses, some form of interpersonal communication was required with the generations moving forward, starting with the 5th. The curriculum activities needed to be adapted in order to accommodate this new addition.

In the end, Professor Ayanokouji decided to agree to the managers requests as he already had a masterpiece in the works with his son Kiyotaka. Even if he believed that it was mostly useless, he did agree that it wouldn't exactly hurt for the students to engage in a little more interpersonal communication than the students in the 4th generation.

Thus, once the 5th generation began their curriculum at the age of 4, the amount of teamwork curriculum activities increased by a small amount, allowing the students to become a little more intimate with their peers.

This created a little better experience for the 5th generation students. Even though they still experienced the same hell that the 4th generation did, the interpersonal communication that created intimate relationships with their peers made the White Room a little more tolerable for them.

But as with all nice things that happened within the White Room, this small tolerance didn't last for long.

If there was one thing that the 4th generation and the 5th generation had in common, it was how they were viewed by the instructors and supervisors. As the 5th generation would soon learn, despite doing really well in their curriculum activity, all would be overshadowed by a demon who they would never get to see.

Due to this, many students between the two generations shared one simple thought:

The immense jealousy and hatred for the demon masterpiece - Ayanokouji Kiyotaka.

Part 1

At around half 7 in the morning, the door to a certain room opened revealing a barely awake girl. She had long scarlet hair complimented with the gradient dark red and golden eyes that still shined while closed.

The girl yawned as she exited the room wearing the usual turquoise gown that all White Room students mandatorily wore. Her eyes finally opened to reveal that they still looked quite tired, resulting in her fluttering them so she could become fully awake.