Authors Endnotes

Authors Endnotes:

YOU ALRIGHT MATE? HOW YOU WEE LITTLE BUGGERS DOING? MAN'S BEEN DROPPING FUCKING BITCHES AROUND THE CORN-

Oh whoops. Wrong personality. Sorry, that was my native British tongue showing itself there. Lemme change back.

Ahem.

Hello ladies and gentlemen. My name is rainy26541 and yes that beginning (not completely accurate btw) was a little cringey so that will be the only time I will do that... probably. No promises.

Anyways, thank you for taking the time out of your lives to read The White Room Troubles Volume 1. This is my first "officially uploaded" novel-like story I've done so I feel proud of it. Hopefully you all enjoyed it too.

For this Endnote, I wanted to take the time to discuss a few things about this story that I did and then finish off with probably the only reason why you are reading this, which is news on Volume 2. If you are only interested in seeing info on Volume 2 then you can skip towards the end to find out because I'm going to be off on a tangent in this Endnotes, sorry. (I've highlighted the start of it with BOLD text).

So let's talk about some of the decisions I made with this story (You can skip if you want because it's long).

Let's first start off with the Prologue about Human Curiosity. The purpose of the prologue was so that you could keep Human Curiosity in mind as you read the Chapters and remember that it was what caused the White Room's existence. I felt that it would make the reading experience better.

Next, TWRT has huge attention to detail in a few areas. One of the greatest examples is of course Arisu's first meeting with Kiyotaka. In this story, I made their meeting happen when Arisu was 6 and Kiyotaka was around 6/7. A lot of fanfiction stories suffer from the same issue of when they are conducting this meeting, and that's they don't provide an accurate date according to the light novel.

I've explained this already in Chapter 3 but the 8 years and 243 days doesn't just mean 8 years and that Arisu and Kiyotaka are 8 years old. And it doesn't mean that Kiyotaka and Arisu are 16 when they meet after the sports festival. The huge attention to detail here ensured that I wouldn't make that same mistake as other authors and that I would stay true to the light novel.

We also can't not talk about Matsuo's story. I've mentioned in Matsuo's Short Story that I explained his past story the way I did so that it could easily be linked to Kiyotaka's enrollment to ANHS. It wasn't just that he really cared about children, but he also had the method to easily get Kiyotaka into ANHS because he knew the chairman as his previous employer. I killed two birds with one story, dontcha think? Haha!

But there were times I made quite some changes and the most notable was in Chapter 2 Part 5. See, before release, I had changed that part from what it originally was. It originally was a 1 page part where Kiyotaka went out on his free Sunday after his change to begin slight training and then begin to learn the piano after witnessing a caretaker play it. But it was so short and so useless that I just got rid of it, and then replaced it with a much better idea - this being him witnessing the failures and suffering of the first, second and third generations so that I could explain further why he just watched his own peer suffering with indifference (plus the part 5 you see now was just so much better even if we ignore the link between part 5 and 6).

Oh! And before I forget, the reason why I made Kiyo truly fall for Kei in this story. This is my own personal opinion, but I feel that Kiyo's character development is really, really bland. This is not to say that he hasn't had any development at all, nor is the development he has had bad in any way. But hear me out on this, it just feels like the ones that he has had are just too small. He still thinks of people as tools, he still feels no emotions at all, you know what I mean?