Ayanokouji Kiyotaka SS: The Girls who are strong

I felt at ease.

There was still 10 minutes left of the reserved private pool time on the cruise ship's last day. Kei and I had as much fun as we could in the one hour slot we were given. So now we just decided to sit down and relax.

Kei was sitting in my lap and her head laid on my shoulder as she slept.

I looked at her sleeping figure and saw the smoothness of her skin, those plush pink lips and her soothing blonde hair. If only her sparkling purple eyes were open and her face was flushed red a little bit then this sight would be perfect for any man, even me.

She really was cute. No. Cute was an understatement. Absolutely adorable and beautiful worked better.

I felt the urge to kiss her again but held myself back in order to give her time to rest again. We had already kissed quite a lot during this one hour as I had finally realised that I felt true love for her, even while we were dating for quite some time.

Really, to think even I, someone who dropped emotions as they were unnecessary to survive in the White Room, could feel like they truly loved someone was actually unbelievable.

Not only that, but to think that the girl I felt that love for was none other than Karuizawa Kei was also unbelievable.

Most would question the reason why we were together in the first place because of our social positions. But what is unbelievable isn't the fact we were together despite our social positions but rather why we were together after the journey the two of us took behind the scenes.

When we first started school in first year, Kei and I never paid attention to each other. We were completely different after all. She had gained her position in Class D thanks to her fake dating Yousuke. But after the uninhabited island exam, our relationship was more of hatred for each other.

Well one sided hatred technically.

I wasn't fully sure why but Kei really hated me back then and while I didn't exactly hate her, I didn't exactly like her either. Essentially, I couldn't care less about her even though part of me was interested in the way she was.

Because of Chabashira-sensei blackmailing me, I was forced to help raise Class D to the higher ranks. I couldn't exactly do that alone so I needed someone who could become my tool for helping me.

That tool became none other than Kei. After finding out both hers and Yousuke's pasts, I had set up a bullying session for Manabe and her friends against Kei, then when they left, I threatened Kei into becoming my pawn instead of comforting her. It was cruel but it was also essential for both me and her.

Her hatred for me after that hadn't disappeared completely, but she started to trust me a lot more and rely on me to protect her. It got to the point where her hatred disappeared and she saw me as someone who she couldn't leave.

In other words, Kei the parasite saw me as her host and couldn't leave my side.

When Ryuuen was looking for me as "X", he had called Kei to the rooftop since he found out that she was connected to me. I betrayed Kei quite a bit in order to protect myself and test her. Even after what she went through on the rooftop, she never betrayed me by giving out my name.

That incident was what truly brought me closer to Kei. I saw her as someone I could really trust. Perhaps that's also the time I also realised that I was truly infatuated with her, even though I was since I found out she had similar darkness to me and was almost similar to me in a way.

When Christmas came, we became partners in the tasks I was given and started a real friendship during that time. We were pretty much best friends after that time despite us acting like we weren't close at all to everyone else.