Chapter 9

22nd June 2021
Day 4 of final

Finally rain had stopped and both teams entered in the ground 1 hour late than usual time. Kane and Ross were on the crease to continue their innings. Mohammed Shami bowled first over of the day and kane defended all 6 balls. Kane and Ross were trying their best not to loss any wicket, but after 1 hour when the ball started swinging indian bowlers in the leadership of Shami took the opportunity and destroyed nz batting line up. First shami dismissed Ross in just 11 runs. Then rohit caught Nicholls in ishant's ball and before the lunch, shami lbw wattling in 1 run leaving New Zealand 135/5. First session of Day 4 went to India.

Post lunch, shami continued his terrific form and send grandhomme and Dangerous looking Jamieson back to the pavilion. New Zealand was struggling on 192/7 but they didn't loss hope as their captain was still not out on the crease. Kane was trying his best not to loss his wicket by playing defensively. Despite of pain in his elbow, Williamson calmly continued to play and stay on the crease till taking new zealand to a better score. Just before his half century, kane tried to play a cover drive on ishant's ball but it edged and went straight to the virat who was fielding in slip. Virat took the catch and whole team jumped to celebrate as they finally send their biggest threat back to pavilion. Kane looked at virat and smiled a little as virat was smiling and clapping for his heroic performance. New Zealand's score was 221/8 now.

Thanks to the valuable knock of Tim Southee, New zealand surpassed india's first innings score. Indian spin twin Ashwin and Jadeja took the final wickets of wagner and southee and new zealand got all out in 249, leading by 32 runs.

India's Second innings started and indian openers Rohit and Subhman came to bat. Southee gave first shock to India, when he lbw the young opner gill in just 8 runs. Pujara joined rohit in middle and they overcame nz's lead. Just before the stumps, Southee striked again and send rohit back to pavilion. India were 51/2 when captain Kohli came. Kohli and pujara made sure not to loss any other wicket and by the end of day india's score was 64/2, with pujara and Kohli not out on 11 and 8.

Sorry for short chapter as there's was nothing notorious event on day 4. But don't worry cause next chapter will be pretty long and emotional too. I'll try to update next chapter by 19th December evening. So until then 🖐🖐