Chapter 1

6th March 2021
India vs England, Ahmedabad.

Virat jumped high in sheer joy, when ashwin took the final wicket of Dan Lawrence and ended England's second innings in just 135 runs helping india won the match by an innings and 25 runs. Virat was on cloud nine and why not? They won yet another test series at home, but this time it was extra special for Virat as he was another step closer of fulfilling his biggest dream. By winning this match, india confirmed it's place along with New Zealand in the finals of inaugural World Test Championship. Virat was so proud at his team's performance. Especially in last 4 5 years, the way they performed in both home and away series. Virat was smiling to himself, when he felt someone's hand on his shoulder.

"Oye Vi, what are you doing here alone? Come on it's time to collect the trophy. What were you thinking by the way?"

Virat smiled cheekily and hugged his best friend. ( well for some people he's his biggest competitor and enemy.)

"We reached in the finals, Ro. I still can't believe! After the whitewash in nz and 36 all out in Australia, we managed to reach in the wtc finals. Now we're just one step away to win the trophy. I'm so happy Ro. I'm so much happy and proud of my boys. The way they performed well in Australia, against England is just... just awesome."

Rohit smiled at his best friend's childish excitement. He hugged him back and said

"We all performed well but credit also goes to our captain, who continuesly encouraged us to be out best version. Who backed us in our bad time and never ever left us to deal with our bad times alone. We reached in finals also because of our captain's amazing batting display. So yeah we're the best cause we got the best test captain of the world."

Virat smiled. He was greatful to have such a beautiful second family. He said

"Let's go, otherwise jinks will come here and will drag us by holding our ears."

Rohit laughed and said

"Yeah that's true. But I'm not going with you. Remember we still have a rift going on and i don't want to let people think that we're best friends. We hate each other and you shouldn't hug me like this."

Virat giggled at Rohit's statement as they both went towards their team. Virat collected the trophy and as per the ritual, he handed the trophy to Axar patel the newest member in test squad and went to the corner to pose for the picture.

After the picture taken, team India went back to their dressing room. After Shastri sir's speech, the party began. Party lasted for 3 4 hours, until their coach ordered them to take some rest as they still had limited over series left. Everyone went back to their rooms. Virat was going to take a shower, when his phone rang. He was going to ask anushka to pick up the call, when he remembered anushka and vamika were with other wags in the playing area of the hotel. He grumbled and picked the call, without seeing the caller's name.

"Hello, who's this?"

"Don't tell me you are pretending not knowing me just because we'll face each other in the finals Virat! Or is it because you found a certain root to talk about your life and now you don't need me!"

Virat smiled brightly hearing this familiar voice.

"Kane....... it's you."

Kane smiled.

"You didn't answered my question, mr kohli. By the way congratulations. You won another series at home and you earned your place in wtc finals."

Virat beamed.

"Thank you.... Kane. We'll face each other yet again in a icc knock out match. I'm damn excited about it. Oh and answering your question, i didn't looked at the caller id, before picking up the call. So you don't need to tease me with joe's name, just like rohit does it with Ab's name. I've told you before mr Williamson. We've a special relationship. So don't be a jello kid."

Kane laughed.

"Ok ok sorry, i was just joking. What were you doing? What about anushka and the little princess?"

"Just came to the room. Anushka and vamika are in playing area with others. What about you, Sarah and Maggie?"

Kane got silent for a moment.

"Oh God! Sarah asked me to change Maggie's diapers and i forgot. I better go otherwise..........."

Virat laughed.

"Never ever thought that kane Williamson, one of the most feared batsman of modern generation, will be fear his wife this much. It's ok Kane. I won't tell anyone about this."

Kane rolled his eyes.

"Very funny Virat. Now I'm going. You take some rest. I'll call later. Bye."

Virat hung up and went back to the bathroom, all smiling. 5 minutes talking with kane can change your mood at all. Kane Williamson was one of the most amazing persons, he'd met and he was glad that they're such good friends, despite of their on field rivalry.