I find myself watching the world outside the window. It was unusually warm although Phil insisted that it was still cold. He's probably just being an old man. 

I see some of his crows flit about in the trees of the forest in the distance. Their stark colour made up for their lack in size, I could see each one clearly as they squabbled over inconsequential bird things. 

A glint in the trees catches my eyes. I squint trying to make out what it is as it saunters out of the shade. As it draws nearer I see that it's not sauntering, it's marching... quickly. I catch a glimpse of bone white and lime green and I feel my breath catch when I spot the gleaming netherite axe. 

"Tommy, there's an invisibility potion in the brewing stand. Drink it and hide... Now," I hear Tommy groan and roll his eyes. 

"You're so fucking uptight what the fuck are you even worried about there's nothing," he takes another chunk out of the apple and pushes me away from the window. I see his eyes widen as I shove him away so that Dream doesn't catch sight of him. 

"HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY FUCKING SHIT!"

"SHUT UP OR HE'LL FIND YOU! Invisibility and hide... NOW!" I shove him harshly towards the brewing stand making him stumble. Shakily he drinks taking big slurping desperate gulps as I throw away the apple cores and shove his mug in the sink. 

I spot a crate in the corner. 

"Tommy, in the crate," I growl and I see the lid move open and close indicating that he had moved inside. 

"Keep your mouth shut and don't you dare take a bite out of that apple," I don't let my fretting slip into my voice as I rip the coats from the hook by the door and shove them into the crate with Tommy. I hear him muffle an "ow". I rush back to the window and see that Dream is quickly approaching the stairs. 

I hear the dreaded rapping of Dream's impatient fist on the wooden door. Taking a steadying breath to calm me and the voices. I set my crown on my head and open the door. 

"Dream, interesting seeing you here," I keep my voice level and monotone. This wasn't the first time I've had to lie. But it is the first time I've had to lie with somebody hiding in a crate who was on the run from a green madman. 

"Technoblade, do you  mind if I come in?" Dream's voice was hoarse and slightly puffed. He'd come a long way. I look over his axe warily and against my better judgment allow him inside. 

He hums as he glances around the small space. I watch him take note of everything, every cup in the sink, the dirty pot on the stove, the large fire in the fireplace, my chests, brewing stands and many unorganised papers. 

"You live alone, don't you?" he asks, I shake my head knowing if I tell him I live alone he'll point out all the reasons why I don't. 

"I live with Phil," I say boredly and lean against the wall with my arms crossed. 

"I don't believe I've ever seen your house before-"
"Dream, why are you here?" I demand an answer. It seemed sensible, he did just burst in unannounced. 

"You are aware that Tommy was exiled, yes?" I nod not wanting a wavering voice to give me away. 

"Tommy left. L'Manburg thinks that he's dead, I know otherwise. Have you seen him?" I force away my instinct to stiffen. Dream's gaze was sharp, sharper than any weapon at my disposal. But his voice was the most terrifying thing about him. 

When a person hides their face, you lose nearly everything you understand about what they're saying. Body language is the most important part of any form of communication, it's also universal. Dream has taken that ease of understanding away. So one is forced to listen to his tone of voice for any tiny detail that may reveal itself.