"Hi Steve," I coo and the polar bear grunts and lumbers into the room. Michael watches in amazement as Steve lazily flops in front of the couch near the fire. For an animal made for the arctic, he really liked fireplaces. I laugh when I see his sulking expression and notice his irritated aura. 

"Did they kick you out of the house Steve?" I laugh and he grunts confirming my theory. He must have gotten into something he wasn't supposed to. 

I notice Michael's interest growing in the bear and I walk closer. I nudge the coffee table away with my knees and we sit on the rug by Steve's tummy. 

"Steve, this is Michael," I introduce and see that Steve barely takes any notice of the small child who had been unusually silent. 

"Does he bite?" Michael asks curiously and I smirk. 
"Steve is as harmless as Carl," Steve grunts his disagreement making me chuckle again.

"You can pet him if you like," I offer and Michael's eyes light up as if he had just walked into a candy store.  

I see that Michael is still wary so I pet Steve first and scratch his tummy. Michael giggles when Steve lets out a satisfied huff and stretches his legs. Michael leans out of my arms and pets the sleeping bear gently. Eventually, he becomes more comfortable and I get up to take the cookies out of the oven. I come back with one for each of us, including Steve who chomps on the cookie happily and licks the floor for crumbs. 

We sit there with Steve and lay our heads on his side whilst he dozes. The warmth of the fire was calming and forced a yawn from my chest. I look to my side and see that Michael had fallen asleep on Steve and was cuddling into his thick fur. I feel myself slip out of consciousness and into a dreamless sleep. 

****

I wake up with an ache in my neck. Opening my eyes I stare at the ceiling, I frown when I feel something head behind my head. I look around and sit up when I notice something's wrong. 

Steve and Michael are gone. I look at my lap and see one of my fluffy blankets and then I feel the cool breeze from the open door. 

I leap up and look around the room feeling my adrenaline start to spike my heart rate with panic. 

"Michael?" I call worriedly, my voice cracks. I quickly scan the house and know he's not still inside. 

I rush to the open front door feeling stupid for not checking it first. I snatch my crown from the table and pull on my cloak and then run outside and scan the yard. The wolves are running around out of the front of the house. By their auras, I could tell that they weren't upset about anything. 

"Michael?" I call trying to keep my voice low so Technoblade and Phil don't hear me. I walk around the house and Michael isn't anywhere. 

I'm coming around the side of the house when I notice Steve sitting at Techno's front door. I run to the door as stealthily as I can and startle Steve. 

"Steve, where's Michael?" I ask frantically. My worst nightmare is confirmed when he presses his nose onto the door. 

I don't hesitate to open the door but I'm startled by what I see. 

Michael is sitting on Techno's lap fiddling with rabbit pelts on the table whilst Techno tries to sew them together. Michael's eyes are wide and excited whilst Techno's are focused behind his glasses.