Chapter 5

Maria POV

It has been 4 years since my baby was taken. A lot has happened since then. My husband has been trying his best to find our princess since the morning he found me sobbing for her. We asked all of our allies and family to try to find her and we just keep getting to dead ends. I still have faith although it is slipping everyday.

All we know is that the germans were behind the attack on princess. And since then we have been killing everyone associated with that mafia while getting information. Everyone we have killed just happen to be useless soliders that do not know anything of the attack. Although, I do know that it is a lie. It is common knowledge throughout the underworld that our child was taken by our enemies specifically the germans.

My husband has become more cruel once she was gone. He went on a killing spree. Well, we all went on a killing spree if I am to be honest. After a year of being in Italy, it was too much for us with the memories of our princess so we decided to move to America. Luckily, we are allies of the American mafia so it was an easy transition. Our families were sadden by the announcement, but understood and bought a house near us when they visit every couple of months or so. We still visit, but in the past few years maybe only three times a year.

My husband decided to hand down the Italian empire to our eldest Antonio when he was 23 years old as he just did not have the heart anymore to continue and was leading it to become too vengeful for our taste. Since then Antonio has been maintaining the mafia as number one with the original morals we had before our princess left, but we are still a bit more cruel and merciless.

As for my sons, Antonio as mentioned has taken over the mafia two years ago. When Mia was taken he shut down and turned to a shell of who he used to be. Eventually, he started having emotions again about a year before taking over the mafia, but those emotions were mostly anger. He only showed some happiness when there were family gatherings even though it did not feel complete.

My second oldest, Leonardo also took his place as second in command when Antonio became the Don. Even though I am still here, he decided to take up a role of the mother to the siblings. I think it was easier for the boys to go to him as I was just as busy looking for my baby and running my assassination organization. He has been doing an amazing job keeping the family together.

My third oldest, Santi was not the sweet boy that he used to be. He used to be more reserved beforehand, but he just could not take the pain and became a playboy unfortunately. He is still there for his family and would protect his brothers when anything happened. Although he does sleep around, he does not treat women as objects per say and definitely does not slut shame. Not in this house.

My twin boys, Vincenzo and Lorenzo both changed as well. Vince became more hotheaded and would take his anger out on anyone besides his family. His person was not there anymore. He is into underground fighting now. While Lorenzo lost a bit of his humor and become really quiet for a while, but still hangs in there for the family.

Finally, my youngest son, Rocco. He changed in the first two years. He was not the sweet boy that wanted to hangout with his sister all the time rather than his friends. He became the bad boy throughout high school as the rumors of us being affiliated with illegal activities occurred. Obviously, nothing was proven, but with the rumors he built his new persona.

Each of my sons, husband and I all went through a dark phase. We finally were able to snap out of it about 2-3 years ago depending on the person. With the help of the rest of the family, we were able to feel something besides anger again. However, we still feel incomplete.

My husband and I went through a rough patch in our marriage as we just could not communicate with each other for about a year, but we got through it. We are still happily married. My husband eventually returned to the loving husband, father, and brother after his killing spree, but beforehand he was just unapproachable to everyone even though he would not harm his family intentionally.

I got back to myself quite early on compared to the rest of the family, but I was depressed for a while unfortunately and failed as a mother to my other children for a bit, but luckily I was able to fix my mistakes.

I am running my assassination organization needed my top assassin Diabolo to help this mission as it was a person high in the german mafia ranking. I just them on the mission when I got a call from the NYPD.

I was surprised and relieved when he told me that my daughter was alive; however, relief faded as soon as I realized she was in a hospitals with various injuries. Luckily, she happened to just be about an hour away from us.

I head downstair and call for my husband. I tell him that something has come up and I need to head into the city to make sure everything is okay. He did not ask too many questions as he knows about the organization and I have had to deal with the stuff before.

The reason I did not tell him about Mia is because this is not the first time someone has called us about our daughter to only get our hope up to be just let down again. However, this person did seem to be pretty confident that it is our daughter with the DNA test, but those could be forged.

Off I went to meet my daughter.

---

Thoughts?

Hoped you liked it

Comment and Vote
(Thank you for all the votes!!)

Merry Christmas

Until next time...