Chapter 22: Grieving III

Start from the beginning

"yes, Dion. it's all taken care of, don't worry about it."

"it's just so different having half of us here at the moment."

"the others will be here tomorrow, it's fine. maybe some will come tonight if we're lucky."

"i hope so."

we finally landed in Dallas after a while and we got everything off of the jet so we could send it back for everyone who was coming tomorrow.

we're all split up in SUV's right now.

me, Dion, and Kay in one. Ali, Dennis, and Kiki in the other and the other three in the last. they're new, i don't quite know their names yet.

"are we almost there? i have to pee?"

"yeah, we got 5 minutes."

"okay."

"Kay, can you call Ali and ask if she's there yet? i know she left before us."

"okay."

5 minutes later, we got there and everyone was waiting for us.

"finally." Ali said.

"do y'all have your rooms for the night or no?" i wanted to make sure everyone was good before i got mine.

"yeah, we all set."

"alright." i got my bags and carried them to the room that was free.

i put them on the bed and then took out a pen and paper and started to write.

i've started doing it a lot more recently, just writing about how i've been feeling, and it's very relaxing for me and i feel at peace when i do it.

"today has been very stressful to put it into easier words. we all woke up very early so we could get on the jet, thankfully we did because we would've missed it. i really wish we could go out, maybe even just for a ride around the city because i've always loved dallas, it's very beautiful. maybe i'll go out later, like late at night or something and go to the store to buy some snacks. i'm so excited to b-"

"y/n/n, come here!" i heard Ali yell.

"i'm coming!" i put the pen and paper down and ran to the living room where everyone was.

"what's up?"

"so Kiki went out to go get some food and she saw Lani."

"did she say anything?"

"what did you say, Kiki?"

"so i was ordering then i saw her first, obviously i was trying to hide myself, but she recognized me."

"what did you do?" i asked.

"she came up to me and asked me what i was doing. i obviously told her i was getting food, but she asked my i was here in Texas and i said i've been here all week. she asked if i knew what time y'all were gonna be here and i said i wasn't sure. so after that, we hugged each other and she went elsewhere. i believe she went back to go take a nap."

"already a close call and we've just gotten here."

"relax, she thinks that we're in New York, it probably won't happen again."

"is that her?" i looked out the window and ducked.

"oh shit. get low, y'all." everyone dropped to the floor and waited til she passed by then got back up.

"what are we gonna do y'all?" i asked.

"i don't know, she's everywhere." Dion said.

"maybe we should stay in one place, maybe not in here because that's obviously too risky. maybe we could stay in the basement." Kay said.