Chapter 20: Grieving

Y/N's POV

a couple of months have passed and me and Lani are doing better than we ever have before.

it's like we've gotten to know each other again and i've gained this newfound trust in her which i never thought would be possible after everything that had happened.

i feel like she's shown me that she's genuinely sorry for what had happened, and i'm so happy that she stuck to her word, because i couldn't see myself being with anybody else at the end of the day.

other than us, Megan and Chris got a divorce, and i'm happy for Meg because he wasn't treating her as good as he used to.

we don't associate with him anymore and since then, Megan has a new man. his name is Pardi. he also makes music just like the rest of us and he's written a lot of songs.

he actually is one of the writers on "Ring", the song Lani was featured on.

they've been doing really good, and i really like him too, they're so cute together, and i'm just happy that she's happy. anybody would want that for their friends.

we're all actually on a trip right now, we're in Venice, Lani's performing over here.

well, she already did, we're just enjoying the rest of the time we have here before we have to go back to Cali.

seeing everyone so happy and so loved and in love is such an amazing thing to me and i couldn't ask for a better feeling to be surrounded by.

"y/n/n." Lani called.

"yes?"

"come here, i wanna show you something."

"okay." i got up and she grabbed my hand and we started walking.

"where are we going?"

"you'll see, just trust me."

"okay." we walked along this path for two more minutes then she turned me around to look at her.

"i need you to put this on." she handed me a blindfold.

"Lani..."

"what? i thought you said you trusted me."

"i do, but what's the point of all of this?"

"what's wrong?"

"i'm just tired, that's all."

"all i need is 20 minutes of your time, that's it."

"okay, babe. let me put it on."

"i'll do it for you." she took the blindfold from my hands and came behind me to put it on.

after she tied it, i felt her arms wrap around my waist and she kissed me on the cheek.

"are you ready?"

"yes."

"okay." she took my hand and we started walking and a minute later, she came behind me.

"i'm gonna take it off, but keep your eyes closed."

"okay." she took it off and then i put my hands over my eyes just for extra measures.

we took a few steps then she moved my hands out of the way of my view.

"look." i opened my eyes and i saw a fancy boat which mean we were going on a gondola ride.

i turned around and saw her smiling which made me smile even harder. i love her so much, she's the sweetest person ever.