Chapter Two: The Next Day

Lani's POV
what the hell happened last night? my head hurts so fucking much. oh shit, i'm hungover, DAMN. i don't even know how i got here, the last thing i remember is talking about HSP. y/n/n was drinking too, i wonder if she's okay.

i turn over to see that she's not there. where'd she go? i sit up and move my legs to the edge of the bed and stretch. i walk out the room and go downstairs to see Bri and DeyDey watching a movie.

"hey Lani."

"hey Bri. hi baby." i go to pick up Adeya.

"hi mommy." she giggled.

"do you know where y/n/n went?"

"she went to the store to go get a few things. she left like, 30 minutes ago so she should be here any minute."

"ight." i sit down on the couch and watch the movie as i wait for y/n/n.

a couple of minutes later, the door opens. it's her.

"hey y/n/n."

"hey Bri. hey babe, when did you wake up?"

"hey baby, like 10 minutes ago."

"does your head hurt?"

"yeah."

"i got you some ibuprofen when i was out. come on."

she walked to the kitchen and put the bags down. she walked to the fridge and grabbed a water bottle. she opened the bottle of ibuprofen and took two pills out and walked up to me.

"here." she passed me the water bottle and a pill. i took it and she gave me the other one. i took it and closed the water.

"where did you go?"

"i went and got a few things. oh, i got these for you, i know you wanted them."

she handed me a Crocs box.

"no way."

"open it." she smiled. i open the box and my face immediately lit up.

"thank you baby." i put the box down and walked over to her and gave her a hug.

"you're welcome, i got some for DeyDey too, y'all are gonna look so cute."

"did you get some?"

"nah, i would've, but they didn't have them in my size, it's okay though."

"you gotta get some too, i'll get you some from their website later."

"really?" i nodded my head.

"thank you babe." she gave me a kiss and i kissed her back.

"you hungry?"

"yeah."

"what you wanna eat? i'll go pick it up." i started whispering in her ear.

"well, you know, i ain't get to eat last night."

"Lani, stop, i'm being serious and i would rather have you be healthy than worry about sex right now."

"i'm fine, mama, don't worry about me."

"you act like i don't know you, i know you're not okay."

"how?"

"you always say 'don't worry' but then minutes later there's always an issue."

"damn, you got me."

"but what do you want for real?"

"i don't care, just get whatever."

"ight." she walked out of the kitchen and i followed her.