𝚇𝙻𝚅𝙸𝙸𝙸. 𝚊𝚕𝚊𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚝

Start from the beginning

"I saw Fleur yesterday," said Regulus, completely surprising his sister.

"You saw her? Why did you see her?"

Violetta was quite literally gobsmacked by her brother's news. She knew her brother was supportive of her and Fleur's relationship ― or past relationship ― but she didn't know he was close enough with the French girl that he would actually talk with her.

"I visited her," said Regulus.

"What?"

Regulus sighed and stopped walking, stopping just next to his room. "It doesn't take a genius to see that you haven't been yourself lately, even before the whole 'you did the Cruciatus Curse' - thing. I bet your break up was one of the reasons you managed to do it, because you're angry. Anger makes you different like you lose a part of yourself and no, I am not judging. I do that too."

"But my point was that I went to see Fleur to ask her and confirm what I already suspected."

"Okay so yes, we broke up. Or she actually broke up with me," sighed Violetta.

Regulus nodded. "Are you okay?"

"I managed to torture a bunny just after things ended with Fleur. What do you think?"

"I figured as much," said Regulus, offering a sympathetic smile. "Mum asked me if I knew what's been going on with you."

Violetta sighed heavily. "What did you say to her?"

"I told mum that her daughter broke up with her girlfriend and is now using her anger to channel whatever dark forces she needs to do Unforgivables," said Regulus sarcastically.

"Aren't you funny," mumbled Violetta.

Regulus rolled his eyes. "I said that I don't know. So you should expect mum to come and ask."

Violetta grimaced, bid her brother goodnight and went to her room. Unlike the rest of her family ― she didn't sleep at all. She was up all night, trying to figure out what to do with Regulus Black's diary.

She sat in the middle of her room, in the darkness but surrounded by candlelight. The book was on the floor just in front of her ― basically mocking her.

The problem was that no matter how hard Violetta thought, she couldn't just come up with things important to Regulus. She was a young child when he passed away.

Violetta thought about what the book contains and why the Dark Lord wanted it so bad. The only thing Violetta could come up with was that whatever is in the book might explain what happened to Regulus Black.

His fate was very unfortunate and shared a lot of different opinions.

Frustration took over her and she took the book. She began to forcefully rip the covers as a rather weak attempt to open it but her efforts were for nothing. Violetta tossed the book aside and stood up.

She walked over to her dresser and was about to take her wand from one of the drawers when her eyes landed on a small but important object.

The snow globe Fleur gave her a long time ago was on top of her dresser, just behind a framed photograph of Violetta with her best friends.

Violetta took in a shaky breath and the need to just go and run to Fleur's was so strong. But she remained in her room, not moving an inch. She reached for the snow globe and swallowed the taste of bitterness on the tip of her tongue.

Bitterness which was really just sadness and she knew it.

She was sad.

But she couldn't say it out loud because she feared that the sadness which she manages to transform into anger and bitterness and hatred would lose its power ― making her aware of certain things.