On Thursdays I have work straight after school so I have to walk there which is why I always end up late and have to face the wrath of Kyla.

"What do I need to do today?" I called out and she poked up from behind the counter.

"Well once Liam gets here, you two can start preparing for next Wednesday, okay?" She asked and I simply agreed by nodding my head and walking into the back room. I started by grabbing all sorts of things that we would need such as trays, plates, bowls, etc. I grabbed a cloth and Relay spray to start cleaning all of the tables out in the main area until I was interrupted by the jingle of the bell at the door.

"Hi Kyla," He called, placing his bag down by the door. "Sorry I'm late."

She rolled her eyes as she counted the money from the cash register. "Yeah, yeah whatever. Just get to work."

He snatched the cloth from my fingertips. "Hey cupcake, need a hand?"

I looked away to hide the color that was evident on my face, something I've been having to do a lot recently. "No."

I sprayed each table as he cleaned afterwards. At some stages he had to go back to the sink so that he could rewet the cloth.

"How was the band thing last night?" He asked before wiping the table next to me. I was actually surprised that he'd remembered. I thought he probably would've forgotten about it but maybe not.

I smiled. "It was actually way better than I thought to be honest."

"Oh?" He lifted his head. "Why's that?"

I didn't exactly want to tell him because I would be outing a friend and that's never something you should do without their permission. Phoebe was out fully so maybe I could just mention her and leave Iris out of the picture. They were the main reason why my night went so great because seeing them happy together made me feel the same way.

"Well, you know Phoebe right?" I asked and he nodded. "Well, she sort of started dating the person she liked last night."

I was kind of nervous to bring up how it was a girl and not a boy because I actually had no idea how he felt about that sort of thing. Surely he wouldn't mind but I'm still not sure.

He raised an eyebrow. "Who was it?"

I shrugged nonchalantly. "I don't know if I'm allowed to tell you. I don't want to out her, if you know what I mean."

His lips curved upwards as he looked over to me. "That's sweet of you."

Thank god he is nothing like his best friend.

I chuckled as a response because how am I supposed to reply to that? I suck at responding to compliments.

"Hey! Idiots at the back!" Kyla shouted from across the bakery. "You're gonna have to stay overtime. Molly can't get here and Daiyu is apparently busy. I'm not even going to ask Olivia because knowing her she won't even pick up the phone."

We looked over at each other with the exact same expression on our faces. Is she serious?

***

"Well that was fun, wasn't it." I muttered sarcastically under my breath but somehow Liam had still heard me.

"My karaoke skills were amazing, what do you mean?" He chuckled before brushing a hand through his hair. "Kyla even said so herself and that's saying something. I'm going places."

I waved him off before looking up at the sky which was now somehow pitch black. How did it even get dark so quickly? Does daylight savings even exist anymore? I checked the time on my phone as it read 6:21PM. There is no way I'm going to be walking alone in the dark because I am not stupid. I decided to do what was best and ring my brother even though I would like to do anything but talk to him right now.