Old friend

Emilia was sitting in her carriage looking uncomfortable as she glanced a bit to the right and saw Subaru wearing his now usual black pants and white button shirt and being unfazed.

Subaru:why did that clown make me come...

Emilia:U-um he probably wanted you to look around the city! You rarely leave the mansion and how about after I'm done I'll show you some good spots

Subaru gave a glare at Emilia which made her feel nervous from his eyes.

Subaru:do as you please...

He looked back to the window by him without noticing puck now hovering behind him looking angry.

Subaru:Stop getting angry puck..You don't scare me and you can't grant my wish either

Puck:Wish? what wish would I possibly can't grant! Those who hurt Lia will-

Subaru:Death...I wish to die

Puck:?!

Emilia:Subaru! What do you mean?! I thought your sessions with Beatrice was helping you!

Subaru:...you wouldn't understand

Emilia remained silent for the rest of the ride as later they were going up the stairs to the castle,Subaru immediately stopped in his tracks when he saw a purple haired knight standing now before them.

??:who are you?

Subaru:Subaru Natsuki...

Emilia:oh! It's julius!

The now identified knight bowed to Emilia as he soon gently grabbed her hand and kissed it,Something in Subaru was reacting to the action while he just gave the knight a empty gaze.

Subaru:Let's get this over with...

Julius stopped him by grabbed his right arm as the two stared at one another.

Julius:You can't join us..

Subaru:oh..why's that?

Subaru gave Julius a fake smile to him as Emilia nervously pulled Subaru away from the knight.

Emilia:Subaru how about you explore the city and when I'm done I'll take you to get something sweet

Subaru was giving her his usual look as his view of her changed for a brief moment of someone familiar to him before reverting back to normal.

Subaru:fine...but in return for this

Subaru leaned close to her ear and whispered while giving Julius a dead gaze to him.

Subaru:don't let him lay a hand on you..if he does then it won't be pretty

Emilia was shocked and nods immediately,Subaru soon calmed down and patted spots on Emilia's clothing then kissed her forehead.

Subaru:good luck my lady..

He walked away after giving a playful bow to her making her surprisingly calm after the recent circumstance,Julius felt hesitant when he saw Subaru walking away but noticed a dragon replacing him.

Julius:(a dragon?!)

Subaru left Emilia and browsed the market part of the city where he unknowingly hummed to himself,The dragon in his body was growling while the young duelist just continued walking but stopped he saw three familiar people targeting a woman.