Chapter Twenty Nine: Boarding To LA

Start from the beginning

Our drinks and food were placed next to us and barista cleared his throat pulling our attention back to him.

"Here are your drinks."

I smiled politely while Caspar glared; I picked up the drinks and left Caspar to pick up the food.

"Come on Caspar we need to meet back up with Zoe and Joe before they think we're up to no good."

I started walking out of the Starbucks and Caspar groaned behind me before trailing after me. I knew he wanted to stay and antagonise the barista more but I couldn't let Caspar get himself in trouble.

"Wait up Alice; you'll want food with those drinks."

I chuckled as Caspar came up by my side, he pointed at one of the cups in the polystyrene holder and I followed his gaze.

"Looks like someone likes you Alice. You know what they say, when a man is mean to a woman that means he likes her."

On one of the hot chocolates was a note scribbled in black sharpie.

Purple hair

Give me a call some time xxxxx xxx xxx

Derek

I rolled my eyes and took the cup out of the holder; I sipped the hot chocolate and smiled. It was the perfect drink. Maybe I'd have to give Derek a call when I got back, I'd like to have someone who could make the perfect hot chocolate for me on a daily basis. Besides he was kind of cute despite the bad attitude.

"I'll think it over Caspar, besides I might find someone who can make even better hot chocolates in LA."

It was Caspar's turn to chuckle.

"In LA I doubt you'll be drinking hot chocolates. Maybe something a little cooler and alcoholic."

I pursed my lips and smiled before raising my hot chocolate toward him.

"Sipping cocktails on a beach is how I want to live from now on Caspar."

"There you two are, I thought you'd run off together or something."

Of course that would be the first thing Joe suggested. I rolled my eyes and Zoe chuckled to my left. She spotted the sharpie on my cup and pulled me aside but not before plucking her tea from the tray and handing it to Joe. We walked away from the two boys and Zoe sat down on one of the metal chairs, I sat down next to her.

"I think someone has an admirer. Was he cute?"

"Kind of but he was rude Zoe, he had an attitude with Caspar when the two of us were messing around."

Zoe nodded and sipped at her drink before her lip curved into a suggestive smile, she knew something I didn't.

"He obviously thought that you and Caspar were a couple, I mean come on the two of you are flirty and touchy around each other all the time. Maybe that's why he was cold to Caspar. Are you going to ring him little sis."

I shook my head and glanced around the airport, I bit my lip as I watched people hurry by with suitcases as if they never got a chance to slow down and relax. I turned back to Zoe and brushed my hair over my shoulder.

"Nah, I mean he probably gives his number out to many girls a day in hopes that one will ring him back. Besides I'm going to be in LA and like I said to Caspar, I might find someone who can make me even better hot chocolates."

Zoe nearly choked on her drink next to me, this made me chuckle.

"So you're not actually going to wait and come back to Dan when you get back?"