opposites attract

THIS IS REALLY LONG but im trying a new format loll, help idk if this is a good idea but pls lmk if u want to see more of things w this set out, aslo I kinda think this is my fav one shot ive done and hope u all feel the same hehehehehehehe bye ly all 

Cheryl, 11:08 am, math class

"What? That's stupid, we couldn't be more different. Ew." I responded to Kevin's question with a bad attitude. I scrunched my nose up just at the horrific thought of it. Me? Cheryl Blossom? Date a disgusting serpent? He had to be joking, right? 

"Are you sure you don't even like her a bit? C'mon, Cheryl, I'm gay. I know when two gays are in love." Kevin answered, I just wanted him to give up. Me and Toni hated each others guts meaning there was no way I even wanted to speak to her, let alone even be civil with her. I shook my head at how ridiculous he was being. 

"Kevin, I hate that girl, not like her. Get that in your head." I said, patting him a bit too harshly on the shoulder as I got up and walked out of class. I tried to get the outrageous thought out of my head before next period, but lucky me, I walked right into the person that was on my mind. "Watch it, emo." I scolded with my typical dirty look, watching as she walked away with a solemn expression on her face. I found myself staring at the sparkle in her eye for a split second before switching back into reality. How the hell could Kevin even think that I like her? We could not be more different.

Toni, 11:05am, passing period

"Fine, you win. Well, you're not entirely right. I used to like Cheryl, but we were and still are too different to ever become a thing." I responded, watching as my friends jumped in the air with excitement. They both hugged one another before Fangs whispered in Sweetpea's ear. I looked intrudingly as a smile spread across both their faces. 

"T, we dare you to walk into her in the hallway." Sweets said like child. I laughed at their stupidness. 

"I'm friends with a bunch of two year olds I swear. But fine, if it'll seriously make you happy, whatever, I'll do it." And with my dumb agreement, they practically forced me out of my seat at the end of class and watched me down the hallway. I saw her on her phone and pulled myself together. I thought about the consequences; maybe i'd get punched, hit, yelled at or even slapped. My breathing became shaky as I took steps towards the redhead. The closer I got, the more I realised just how beautiful she was. 

She smelled nice. 

I turned to face Sweetpea and Fangs behind me with an 'I hate you for making me do this' kind of look. They put both their thumbs up and mouthed "Go." 

I walked into her, slightly bumping her on the shoulder as she looked me up and down with a dirty look in her eyes. She shouted something at me which I couldn't quite figure out, but I saw her watch me walk away with an odd expression painted on her face. I let out the breath I had been holding and ran into the toilets, collecting myself yet again. It was just like I thought, more fool on me for actually believing I had even a 0.00001% chance with her, we could not be more different.

Cheryl, 12:37pm, passing period

It was a passing period and only one thing was on my mind. 

Her

Why the fuck would she think it was acceptable to just walk into me like that and why did she think she could get away with it? Does she even know who I am, what I'm fucking capable of? I bit down on my pen that I had been taking notes with, but as I look down on my page, all I see is scribbles and a half-drunk coffee that had already gone cold. I picked up my notes, or should I say lack of, and began to scan my eyes around the room. I was alone. Something about that freaked me out, but that wasn't what I was thinking about in that moment. Her. Why the fuck can't I get her off my mind? I rest my face in palms as I try an cleanse my mind. I pick up my laptop, place it in my bag and take it into the bathroom with the rest of my belongings.