"You miss her, don't you?" He asked, as I lifted the weight up over and over.

"Like crazy. That's why I'm pushing myself so hard is so I don't think about it too much. She comes back tomorrow." I said, pressing the weight several more times before placing it back on the rack with the help of Tex.

"Yeah, I could tell. What are you gonna do when you start traveling?" He asked, as he followed me to the leg press machine.

I sat down on it as he started doing push ups beside me. "I don't even wanna think about it. I just want to push myself until I can't see straight. No more talking, okay?" I snapped slightly.

I was trying not to think about the burning sensation in my heart from missing the girls. I guess he got the point, as he didn't say anything else.

----------

Macy's POV.

Finally, this conference is over and I'm heading home to my family. I hope attending this conference will help me earn my next classification. That will involve a pay raise and extra sick and vacation days.

I was finally nearing home, so I figured I'd call up Colby. It only rang twice before his sweet voice filled my ear.

"Hello beautiful." He said, his voice indicating that he was smiling, which made me smile as well.

"Hello love. How's my fabulous boyfriend doing?" I asked, chuckling at myself for using the term 'fabulous'.

"As fabulous as always. How're you, my darling?" He asked, chuckling slightly.

"I'm okay, ready to be home. It's really hard to see in all this rain," I complained, squinting to see out of the windshield but it was to no avail.

"How far are you from the exit?" Colby asked concerned, crunching on some type of food to distract himself.

"About five miles or so. Not too much longer," I replied, trying to focus on the road which was getting more and more difficult now.

But then, all of the sudden, I hydroplaned. My car turned sideways, and though I tried to correct it, it was too late. I had lost control.

"Oh shit!" I screamed in horror, quickly bracing myself for the impact that I knew was about to come.

As the car started to roll at an incredibly fast pace, all I could think about was Madi. My beautiful daughter. I started to panic, my heart beating fast in my chest. I had to be okay for her. She needed me. I couldn't die. Not now. This couldn't be happening. It just couldn't. After what felt like an eternity, the car finally stopped rolling, forcefully landing on its side. My leg was trapped and with all the power I had left in me, I tried to free it, but the harder I pulled, the worse the pain got. I reached down slowly and felt blood, making me feel sick and dizzy. I felt myself getting sleepy now, but I knew for sure that I wasn't asleep. I was dying. Madi wasn't going to have a mother anymore. My parents wouldn't have a daughter. Colby wouldn't have a girlfriend. Colby. I'd never told him I loved him. I knew that I did, and I knew I should have told him, but I haven't. I was going to die and he'd never know how much I loved him. I just hoped he would stay in Madi's life.

"I'm sorry..." I whispered through my tears before the darkness eventually took over.

----------

Colby's POV.

"Macy. MACY!!" I screamed into the phone, my heart collapsing in my chest.

I quickly dialed 911, giving them her location as close as I could figure. I quickly grabbed my keys, wallet, and rain jacket, then ran out the door.