Chapter Eleven

Zigeran Problem

As the Marauder travels through hyperspace Omega is fitted into Crosshairs old comm device with the help of Tech who put it on her. “It’s not an exact fit.” Tech says as he finishes tightening it around her arm. “I get my own comm device?!” Omega asks. “Technically it was Crosshairs but he doesn’t appear to need it.” Tech says as Omega plays around with the comm. “Echo, what’s your position? Over?” Omega asks as you chuckle seeing that Echo was directly behind Omega. “Ahm, it’s not a toy Omega.” Echo says. “Copy that.” Omega replies through the comm. “Why are we going to ord mantell? I thought the plan was to lay low?” Omega asks. “Not while a bounty hunters after you, we need to find out why.” Hunter replies. “I know an informant there named Cid, might be able to help.” Echo says. “& you trust him?” Wrecker asks. “The Jedi trusted him.” Echo replies. “The Jedi who are all dead?” Tech adds. “Does anyone have a better option?” Echo asks around as you all stay quiet. “He has a point.” Omega says through the comm. “Right, not a toy.” Omega replies as Tech returns up to the cockpit to jump out of hyperspace and land in the city and deboard from the Marauder & head into the lower parts of the city to look for Cid, this time, you tagged along. “Remember the rules?” Hunter asks Omega who was beside him & you were on the other side of Hunter. “Don’t wander off, keep my eyes & ears on my surroundings, & trust no one but your squad.” Omega replies. “& if you get into trouble?” Echo adds. “Use my comm & give my location.” Omega says. “Smart kid, when I found you all it was pretty easy getting a hang of what you all do, but I did have experience.” You say as no one replies & you all keep walking forward until Echo finds the spot. “This is the place.” Echo says as he takes the lead. “Charming.” Tech adds as you all walk in to see it’s an old rundown bar. “Which one of them is Cid?” Hunter asks. “Couldn’t tell ya, I only heard about Cid, never actually met him.” Echo says. “That would’ve been information to share earlier.” Tech says as Hunter walks over to a female worker that was cleaning up around the bar. “We’re looking for Cid, you know him?” Hunter asks as she turns around & answers him. “Cid huh? Mhm, nope! Doesn’t ring a bell.” The woman alien creature replies as Hunter looks over at the two other guys playing against each other. “What about them?” Hunter asks. “Was I not clear? You're in the wrong place, so unless you're here to spend money, get lost.” The woman says as she walks away. “Great plan Echo!” Wrecker says. “I’m certain this is Cid’s the Jedi came here during the war.” Echo says. “Well perhaps Cid heard what happened to the Jedi and fled. Or he was arrested for violating health code regulations.” Tech says as Omega walks up to the woman who was sitting down at the bar counter. “What’s your deal tiny?” The woman asks. “You're Cid.” Omega says as the woman crosses her hands & looks at Omega. “You're sharper than your friends over there.” The woman says as the batch continue talking amongst each other until Omega alerts them. “I found Cid.” Omega says. “Clever.” You reply as you all walk up to Cid who was the woman who Hunter asked if she knew who Cid was or not.

The batch looks at Cid & she leads you all into her office. “I had a good thing going with the Jedi , they valued my insights but now that they're all dead the main of my service has declined thanks to this new empire.” Cid says. “Times have changed, for all of us.” Hunter says. “No kidding? I never had clone deserters come to me before.” Cid replies. “Yes, well we were separated due to a fundamental change in ideology.” Tech adds. “That’s cute thinking I care. Cut to it & tell me what you want.” Cid asks as Hunter looks at Echo who walks over to the panel & plugs his hand, showing Cid the bounty hunter they came across on the last mission. “By all means, make yourself at home.” Cid says. “We encountered this woman on Pantora, you know who she is?” Hunter asks. “No, but I know a bounty hunter when I see one.” Cid replies. “Can you find out who hired her?” Echo asks. “That depends on what you boys do for me. Are you fresh out of the tube, you pull a job for me? & I get the information you want, that’s how this mercenary thing works.” Cid says walking over to her desk. “Mercenary?” Echo asks. “Not too quick are ya? Clearly the kids the brains of your operation.” Cid says as Hunter sighs. “What kind of job?” Hunter asks. “A rescue. A nice bounty on a kid named Muchi. My sources say she was taken by zigeran slaves who were held up on the other side of the planet. Bring me the kid, & I’ll get you your intel.” Cid says. “Well who collects the bounty?” Wrecker asks. “Oh look it talks. We split the bounty 70, 30 my favor, take it or leave it.” Cid says. “Rescuing a kid from a few zigerans? Haha, we can do that in our sleep!” Wrecker says as he walks out. “Looks like we have a deal. Details of the bounty are on that, don’t screw it up.” Cid says as you all leave & return to the Marauder.