Chapter 1: What's Going On?!

I strolled towards Mia's house which wasn't too far from mine with my travel bag in hand. She said we were going to have a sleepover of some sort.

Yet, as her best friend I am obliged to attend even though she knows social gatherings are not my thing.

Reaching the bright pink-colored house I grew up in, I pushed the white wooden gate open. I swung open the front door not bothering to knock.

Mike, Mia's dad was on the couch watching a telenovela as usual. I guess he found another one since The Lore had ended. Kylie, her mum on the other hand was in the kitchen, probably preparing the snacks.

"Good evening, Mike, Kylie."

Mike tore his gaze from the TV, getting the remote to reduce the volume. "Ah, Minnie, how are you doing?"

"I'm fine, thank you. I heard they allowed you a break."

Kylie appeared in the living room, "Yes, they did. Said he finally deserved it." She placed all the snacks in a big tray signaling me to carry them upstairs.

"That's nice, I hope I'm not late."

I gently took the tray from her and sniffed a whiff of the cookies as I climbed up the stairs. They smelled delicious. My mouth watered at the thought of popping these into it.

Her usual dose was vanilla flavored-chip cookies but I guess she did a switch today. Chocolate-chip cookies endowed a quarter of the tray, little sprinkles adorning them. Beside them were the ultimate Mat-Ice EX-treme Whipped Cupcakes.

I had to stop savoring the snacks since I had reached an all too familiar door. Mia's door. Her BTS poster was adorned with so many hearts it covered up their faces. I heard a loud thud inside and immediately pushed open the door. "What's going on?"

My jaw dropped and I stopped myself from letting go of the snacks. Mia was on top of a boy, squishing him on the ground while another boy and a girl were helping them up. I placed the tray gently on the table beside me before moving out of the room.

Mia rushed towards me pulling me back. She had an apologetic look on her face. "I'm sorry, it was supposed to be a surprise. I should have told you first."

I sighed before walking inside and awkwardly waved at the three teens in front of me. The girl waved back, and the guy with glasses gave a nod while the guy on the ground completely ignored it.

The girl kicked him a little. "Aki! Say hi!"

He huffed glaring at me. "Why should I say hi? She should be apologizing for what her friend did."

The other boy tried reasoning with him. "Aki, are you still angry about that? She already apologized."

I looked at them confused as to what was happening before deciding to consult my best friend. Mia looked at the floor avoiding my gaze as I turned to her. "Mia, what's going on?!"