Dark World - Dazai x Reader ◻

Start from the beginning

Dazai countered with explaining Mori's plan back to him, a cruel smile growing on your father's face.

"If I was going to silence you, I would've done it long ago." The man's purple eyes flitted to your spot for the merest fraction of a second.

They continued on back and forth and you yawned, bored of the chit-chat. 

"It's the previous boss, isn't it?"

The words caught your attention. He's smart and observational. You noticed once again. You had tucked away this bit of information into the mental file you had created on the young man, and he kept demonstrating it in situation after situation. To be perfectly honest, you didn't know how he hadn't caught you yet.

"Dazai-kun, why do you wish to die?" Mori asked rather bluntly and you tilted your head slightly, rejoining the conversation. You were curious of how the other would answer.

"Let me ask you, then." Dazai returned. "Do you really think there's any value in the act of living?"

What kind of answer is that? At the same time... he has a point.

Mori did not respond and Dazai opened the door to leave, pausing to look back. "You know boss, sometimes I get the funny feeling someone's watching me."

He knows. 

"How strange." The mob boss responded, a mysterious smirk growing on his face. "I'll keep an eye out myself."

The brunette nodded and left.

You silently rose from your dark corner and walked over to Mori's desk. "He's fascinating." You said, your voice quiet. 

"Indeed, he is. I think you can stop following him for now, Y/n-chan."

"Understood."

You turned on your heel, h/c hair flowing through the air as you made your way to your hidden room.

Once you were a good couple yards away from Mori's doctor's office, someone slammed you into the wall.

"So, you're the one that's been stalking me. A little girl?"

"I'm the same age as you, Dazai Osamu." You replied quietly. "Now I suggest you get off me."

Dazai's dark eyes flicked down at the knife you were holding to his throat.

"If you've been following me, you already know about my suicidal tendencies... this," he said, tapping the blade, "won't do anything."

Face still expressionless, you let your arm drop and Dazai smirked, still keeping you cornered against the wall with his body. "Good girl."

If you were a normal girl, having a dark mysterious handsome boy pin you to the wall and say something like that most likely would've made you faint.

Your head tilted up, so your e/c eyes were staring innocently into his own brown ones. Then you slammed your knee up, straight in between his legs.

With a groan, the teen lurched away from you, doubled over. You stepped forward and planted your foot in his stomach, knocking him to the ground.

"Don't you fucking say that to me in that tone, asshole." For the first time, an emotion, anger, colored your words.

"So temperamental." He replied. "Who are you exactly?"

"Mori Y/n." 

"Mori? I didn't know the boss has a daughter."

"Not many do."

The brunette got up and dusted off his clothes. "That was a dirty move, Y/n-chan."