- Chapter Sixteen -

Start from the beginning

Aizawa quickly let go of Bakugo, his strands returning back to him and he returned back to his normal self. "You all are wasting my time now. Whoever's next can step up." He waved his hand uninterested as he walked away, returning back to his normal place.

Luna had to let out a sigh of relief as she looked at Izuku, taking his uninjured hand. "Come on, let's get back in line, okay?" She asked him cautiously.

"H-huh? Y-yeah, let's go." He agreed as the two walked together, managing to walk around Bakugo and back to the other students.

"Hey, is your finger okay?" Uraraka asked as she stepped over to the teens.

"Oh, yeah, it's fine. It only hurts a little bit... actually, a lot. But I'll just go to the nurse later and get it healed up." He responded to her with an awkward smile.

"I'll make sure to remind you, okay?" Luna said with a little smile, squeezing his hand to keep her word to him. Izuku only nodded, but he returned the hand squeeze - as if to let her know that her promise was agreed. And oh, how fast her heart was beating from that simple gesture.

And so, the rest of the exam went on. Luna made sure that Izuku was alright during the last parts of the exam, but she could tell that he was fighting through the pain in his finger. But they managed to swing by the sit-ups, the toe-touches, and the long distance run rather easily. All were pretty easy for Luna, although the long distance run was a pain because Aizawa told her that she wasn't allowed to use her wings.

But at the end of the exams, the twenty-one students all gathered in front of Aizawa. Some looked fine, but other seemed to be panting and groaning for some water. And Luna was half threatened to ask their teacher when lunch was. "Alright, time to give you your results. I've ranked you all from best to worst. You should probably have a good idea of your standing already. But I'll just pull up the whole list. It's not worth going over each individual's score."

Luna let out a small sigh and nodded. Although she remembered that the person who was ranked last was the person who Aizawa was gonna send home. And she was worried that it was going to be her or Izuku. Even though she did well on the tests, Izuku didn't do so hot in any of them expect for the baseball throw. Was it possible that he could squeak by with just that score alone?

Aizawa clicked a button on his phone and then showed a holographic score board with each student's name, ranking them from first to twenty-first. It seemed that every person searched for the name, including Luna - who looked through it as though her life depended on it. Eventually, she found her name at number five, squeezing between Iida and someone named Fumikage Tokoyami. She had to remember who that was.... Oh! That was the name of the guy with the raven head, and that strange bird shadow. He definitely seemed like a challenge, but he seemed pretty chill though.

"Oh good. Not my best, but I at least made it in the top ten." She told herself out loud to calm her nerves, trying to stop her heart from continuing its speeding pace, "What did you get, Iz-"

She gasped upon seeing Izuku's shocked and defeated face, his hands were shaking and his bottom lip trembled. "I.... I'm in last place. I failed." He whimpered out quietly, shaking his head in shame.

All Luna could hear was glass breaking. She gritted her teeth harshly as she growled. She stared at Aizawa, who remained with no emotion on his face. How dare he? How DARE HE?! Luna's wings, which she had forgotten to tuck away in her back, frizzled up angrily as she was about to walk towards him. But she was grabbed by Izuku's arm. "W-wait, Luna, no! It's alright! It was my own fault! I didn't work hard enough!" He yelled at her worriedly.

"Yes you did! You worked harder than anyone else! And you shouldn't be getting sent home because someone didn't believe that you could make it!" She yelled louder, which attracted a lot of attention from the other classmates - especially Aizawa.