She sniffles but quickly recollects herself and hops off the hood. "Okay. Can I ask you something though?" With her cheeks stained with tears, my stomach flips. It's a sight I never want to see again. I'm certain I'd do whatever the hell I can to make her smile.

"Anything," I say.

"Was I any good at it?" She asks, and again, I hold back a laugh before she continues. "The kissing, I mean. Did you like it?"

Oh, how naive and inexperienced she is.

I must have a smug grin on my face because she smacks me on my chest, pointing a finger to my face. "I'm being serious!" She pouts, then laughs immediately after.

There's that smile.

"You were incredible," I admit. "I'm not just saying that."

I'm trying not to think about it, but I can't. The way she made me feel during that kiss. Like I was high when I hadn't even smoked. The way she moaned my name, practically panting from how badly she wanted me. She was so wet. She made my hand soaking wet.

"Wow." She arches a brow up and smiles proudly. "I'm impressed with myself."

"You should be."

She goes to head around to the driver's side of her car, but I don't want her to leave. I know ending things is the right thing to do, but it doesn't feel like it right now.

"Mads," I whisper, grabbing onto her elbow.

She turns to face me now, and her back is pressed up against the driver's door. Maddie is so beautiful, and I don't know why I never noticed it before. I mean, I knew she was pretty, but not like this.

I put both of my hands on top of the car so that I've boxed her in, and immediately her hands grab onto my cheeks. I close my eyes at her touch, savoring every minute.

What are we doing?

"What are we doing?" She repeats my thoughts, and the breath hitches in my throat.

"I don't know," I reply honestly. "I just know that..." I shake my head, shocked by what was about to come out of my mouth.

"That what?" She whispers.

My pride is telling me not to say it because the minute that I do I know I'll never be able to take it back. But why the hell should I let her walk away? She wants this, right? She wants me. I just told her she could get hurt, and she's still here, still wanting me.

"That I...want this," I finish, scanning her eyes for any sort of reaction. "I don't want this to stop." There are a lot more feelings going on inside of me than just that, but I've never felt this way before, and it's terrifying to me. I can't bring myself to tell her anything more than that.

"I don't either," she replies, "but what does that mean? Where do we go from here?"

I lean in and gently press my lips against hers, unable to take it anymore. The feeling of being high, being completely intoxicated by just her lips tears through me, and my hands run into her hair, clamping down to let her know that I need her right now.