two

chapter two: when they are brutally murdered, it hurts

episode one: pilot

"HELLO, I'M HOME." CHLOE YELLS, walking through her front door.

Carla, Chloe's older sister, instantly comes running into the room, hugging her. "Oh Chlo, I heard about Nina. I'm so sorry." She grabs her face. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm good, don't worry about it. I won't be home for dinner, I'm helping Brooke set up for her party tonight." Chloe starts to walk up to her room.

Carla looks surprised at her sister. "Wait. One of your best friends just died, and you are planning on going partying?"

"Well, it's technically goodbye for Nina. We're honouring her." Chloe informs her, not reading the room.

Chloe's phone dings and she eagerly picks it up, seeing that it's Brooke texting her asking what time she's coming over. Carla looks at her sister, feeling concerned and isn't sure how to voice it. "After what just happened with Nina, why don't you stay here for the night. Maybe you and I could hangout together."

Chloe scoffs. "Carla, please, you're joking right? I can't miss a party. I've never miss a party."

"Your friend was just brutally murdered. It's not safe outside right now. I would really like it if you didn't leave tonight." Carla pleads.

Instead of arguing, Chloe decides to try and change the subject. "Where's mom and dad?"

"Mom is working late and dad is who knows where, so it's just us. What do you want for dinner?"

Chloe ignores her and continues texting Brooke. Carla looks at her expectantly, waiting for her answer. "Chloe?"

"Forget it, I'm going on a hunger strike. I would appreciate it if you would leave me alone for the rest of the night. Thanks, love you." Chloe walks past her, going up the stairs to her room.

Carla sighs as she watches Chloe walk away from her, silently wondering when her baby sister started to change and act out. The second Chloe is alone in her bedroom, she calls Brooke to inform her what's going on. "B, bad news. My sister's being annoying and wants me to stay home. I don't think I'm going to make it tonight."