"Thank you for everything." I whispered looking down

Although he wasn't a predator hybrid, his tall built and the confidence he had made all the difference. I had stayed less than a week at the hospital, following lessons on the regular and Nathan and Amelia visiting me from time to time. Jin offered me a small smile.

"I'll be in the kitchen, if you need me." He smiled "You may not know, but I and Jungkook own a bakery. Hoseok is a nurse and Taehyung is a freelance artist. Yoongi is a music producer and you know about Namjoon and Jimin's job. We always put the schedule on the fridge, if you need to check who is home or not. As Namjoon told you, you are welcomed to add your schedule and we would love it if you did."

His kindness was through the roof making me smile once again. A small nod was enough to make him leave as I took a sharp inhale. All my senses were overwhelmed. I took a shower and scrubbed myself scrupulously with my favorite vanilla scrubber. I wondered if that had to do with my scent at all. When I became hybrid, I got told I got closer to honey and vanilla ice cream together.

As I got out of the shower, I looked at myself in the mirror. The white ears, dotted with some black at some place were really special. I brushed my finger against them and a shiver ran through my spine. I knew that the weak point of prey hybrids were their ears, but here I had the impression it was on a whole other level. My body had also less scars than before. My curves more outlined and obviously...the tail. I had a small fluffy tail on the bottom of my lower back. I had no hybrid clothes and the jeans I had... They hurt it. 

I had never taken into account such minor changes, but I had to go shopping soon for sure. It was the weekend and I probably would have time.

"Shopping..." I whispered to myself

I glanced around my room and found it empty even though everything was settled in. Scents were missing. I had definitely underestimated how sensitive hybrids were to scents and smells. The scent of breads reached my nose and I couldn't help but peek out of my room. A berry scent hit my nose right away as Taehyung's tail swished behind him...his eyes focused on me. 

I had to hold myself back from slamming the door to his face and hiding under my blanket. It was something I had never had as a human: instincts of a prey. Submission for the predators. Taehyung frowned.

"Your scent soured a little, is there something wrong?" he asked

Once he took a step forward, my whole body stiffened against my will and he froze. The berry scent became washed away and droopy and it took me several second to understand that Taehyung was sad. Sad because of me. I took a step forward, deep breath, another until I was in front of him.

"Taehyung?" I asked softly

His ears perked up as he looked at me with saddened eyes. I bit my lips.

"Are you free today?" I continued with a sudden feeling of bravery

"Yes." His answer was immediate making me chuckle

"I have a little problem with my pants and dresses, do you think it is possible for you to go shopping with me?" I asked as my voice got smaller and smaller "If it bothers you of course, you don't need to. I'm not forcing-"

"Of course!" Taehyung said cutting my rambling off

I was surprised as he grabbed my hips and spun me around. I exploded in laughter and he let out a sound I never heard before. I giggled as he made it again and again. His scent getting sweeter and mine getting lighter and more airy.

"Why are my two cubs so happy?" Hoseok said leaning against the wall

Hoseok was a panther like Yoongi and like Taehyung his scent was mouthwatering. His scent was like caramel, extremely sweet like him. I had learned to know him a little bit as he came to visit me often, but it was more small talk than a real discussion. He was the one with Yoongi asking for me to join the pack. I didn't know if it was out of pure pity or not, but I never questioned them. I was just happy not to be alone anymore. Taehyung was still carrying me in the air and he slowly put me down.