I cleaned everything up and brushed my teeth, desperate to get the taste out of my mouth. I left the bathroom feeling anxious. I ran into Jack and he put his hands on my arms.

"Love, are you alright? Megan said she heard you throwing up," he asked. I knew she told him because she thought it was embarrassing. It kind of was.

"Yeah, I'm fine," I said, not making eye contact with him and trying to walk away from him. He grabbed my hand gently and made me look at him.

"You can tell me what's wrong. You know that," he said sincerely.

I sighed, not sure what he would do if I told him. I didn't want to lie to him though.

"It's just... It's Megan," I said.

"What about her?"

"She's been messing with me. And she told me to stay away from you because you're hers," I admitted, feeling a little embarrassed.

"She what?" he asked, seeming angry.

I raised my eyebrows and shrugged, not sure what else to tell him. He stormed away and I followed him timidly. He threw Megan's door open and stared at her angrily.

"You need to leave. Now," he asserted firmly.

I was pleasantly surprised.

"What? Jack, I don't understand," Megan asked innocently.

"Cut the shit. Get out," he repeated.

"What did she say to you?" she asked bitingly.

"Megan, I'm not interested in you. I have never been interested in you and I never will be. Get the fuck out of my house. Now," he said angrily as he started picking her bags up and shoving them into her arms.

She was speechless and wasn't sure what to say.

"C'mon, ya speak English don't ya?" Jack asked angrily. His accent was thicker when he was angry.

He started shoving her toward the front door.

"But Jack, I don't have anywhere else to go," she pleaded.

"Not my problem. Figure it out," he replied. He shoved her out the front door and shut the door, locking it behind her.

"Never come back," he said through the door.

He walked into the living room and I followed him shyly.

"I'm sorry, Love," he said as he pulled me into a hug. His tone completely changed with me. I smiled and hugged him back. 

"Why was she here?" I asked him. The question had been eating at me since she walked in the door. 

"She's friends with some of the friends I was visiting and said she had nowhere to live. I felt bad, so I offered to let her stay here for a bit. I never would've let her come here if I would've known she would do that," he explained. 

I nodded, content with his answer, and stayed in his arms. We held each other for a while, neither of us wanting to lose the feeling again. We eventually pulled away and I felt a knot rising in my stomach. We finally had the chance to really talk. I felt filled with nerves. 

"So, uh..." I started, not sure where to go.

"I'm sorry for leaving," he said.

"Oh, it.. no, I. Uh..... well... why did you?" I said anxiously.

"It wasn't because of you. Well, I guess it was but not in a bad way," he answered vaguely.

"I don't understand."