She shook he head causing more blood to spill out of her cheek. "Hey hey hey little one it's okay, we won't hurt you. But we need you to tell us your name so we can find your family.

"no famiwy." She whispered quietly.

"Okay okay baby that's fine. Can you please tell us your name? We need to take you to the doctor to get all of your owies fixed up okay? We don't want you to be in pain any longer baby." I said not in a whisper but not too loud so I wouldn't scare her.

She looked up at me for a few seconds before saying in a voice so quiet we could barely hear her, "my name is Daliah"

I nod and look at my brother, he seems to get my message as he pulls out his phone calling our personal doctor to get the tools ready to check up on little Daliah before her wounds get infected.

"Stand up for me please baby." I say to her.

She goes to stand up, but her little legs shake and give out and she falls back onto her butt wincing in pain as this happens.

"Okay baby, it's okay. Can I lift you up?" I ask cautiously so I don't do anything to sudden without her knowlage so she doesn't try to run away from us before we can help her.

She looks at me for a few seconds before slowly nodding.

I pick her up slowly setting her on my waist.

I put my hand on her cheek as blood comes out of it. "Give me a cloth or a towel of some stort to I can stop the bleeding in her cheek, and keep her cheek safe before it gets infected." I tell my brother.

He digs through his pockets before pulling out a small cloth, like the kind of cloth you use for cleaning your glasses when they get dirty. He hands it to me and I take it and using slow movements I slowly bring it to her cheek.

"Are you sleepy baby?" I question.

She looks at me for a few seconds before nodding and putting her head on my chest and closing her eyes.

"Okay baby when you wake up you're going to be somewhere different okay? Do you have anything here you want to bring because we won't be bringing you back here."

"Teddy." She mumbles sleepily.

I look down at the ground a spot a little brown teddy bear that's a little torn but still in pretty food shape leaning agaist the brick wall that meets the dead end of the alley way."

I pick up the bear and put it in her arms carfully.

After that Oliver and I took her to the warehouse where the doctor was so she could get checked out. When that was over we brought her back to our house a i put her down in my bed.

(Later...)

I heard tiny cries coming from my room and Oliver and I rushed in to see little Daliah sitting up on the bed with tears streaming down her cheeks as she holds her little arms out for me to take.

I walk over to her and lift her into my arms and bounce her on my hip.

She's so tiny.

I rub her back slowly as her little hand grips my shirt as if I would disapear if she let go. "Hey baby I'm not going anywhere I promise, you don't have to hold on so tight love."

She loosened her grip on my shirt, and I lightly kissed her forhead careful not the startle her.

"Clay, you and Ollie weave me wike everybody elwse?"

"No baby, we won't leave you I pink promise." I say holding out my pinky which is huge compated to her little one. But that makes sense, she's so tiny so of course her pinky would be tiny as well.

She holds her hands out for Oliver and he takes her out of my arms and he cooes at her and she lets out tiny giggles until she yawns, leans her head on his chest, put her thumb in her mouth, and falls asleep.

Everything was going well over the next year with Daliah, Oliver, and I. Until we got a tip that somebody wanted to kill Daliah, so we had to do something so she wouldn't get hurt.

Oliver and I decided against putting her in an oprphanage because they could easily search all of the orphanages in town and find her.

So we decided she would be safest if we left her on the street.

We packed up the little backpack we got her for her birthday, and zipped it up. I walked over to Daliah who was watching a show on the couch and lifted her into my arms and kisses her all over her face causing her to giggle.

I walked out of the house with her in my arms along with her backpack, and with Oliver by my side.

We walked for about an hour before finding a cafe.

I hugged her tightly and Oliver did the same before I placed her on the ground, and turned around to leave whens she said. "Ollie? Clay? Why are you weaving? You pwomised you never weave me awone!"

I turned back aroud, and bent down infront of her.

"Baby...We have to go now but we will come back okay?"

"But Clay!" She said tears welling up in her eyes. "You pwomised..."

I feel a drop of water hit my hand as I look at her not knowing what to say. "Baby....I know I did." Was all I managed to come up with. I wated as her body started to shake as she tried to hold back her tears.

"You pinky pwomised Clay!" She yells

She crawls into my arms and I hold her tightly for the last time.

Oliver comes to us and sits next to me taking her out of my arms. "Liah, I know we promised but you have to understand we are doing this to protect you. I promise we will come back for you."

She shakes her head rappidly as he pulls her closer to his chest.

"I know baby, I know. I don't want to say goodbye to you either." He mutters into her ear.

"But but how will I get food? Or how will I do bath time? Or who will give me hugs? And who will love me while you guys are gone? I'll be all lonely and there will be nobody to tell me it will be okay!" She says with tears streaming down her cheeks

"I should've known I would end up alone again." She whispers to herself.

Oliver sets her back down on the ground and we both hug her one last time before we have to get up and leave. I pull her into my chest and squeeze her so tight.

And after a few more minutes of telling her it will be okay and we will come find her again, we both finally stand up, and I grab her hand one more time before letting go and walking away with tears streaming down my cheeks.

Oliver and I walk in silnece the rest of the way home.

Once we get home I walk through the door and straight to my room, I lay down on my bed and look up at the celling playing with the bracelet that she made for me with my hand.

She had asked us to take her to the sotre one day and she picked out some string and when we got home she made frendship braclets for her Oliver and I and made us promise to never take them off.

I already broke one promise to her.

I sure won't break another one.

I feel myself getting tired so I change into some sweatpants with no shirt and crawl into my bed slowly falling asleep as I think about all of the memories I had with Daliah.

The last thing on my mind before I fall asleep is,

"I promise to find you again Daliah."

Hey guys sorry for takng so long to post this chapter. I'v had a rough few days.