"i don't know what your relationship is with y/n, but you have to be close. i need you to warn her about what's to come." katsumi speaks in a subtly panicked voice.

izuku stops analyzing her and studies her face. he knew your mother wouldn't know you two are together, but for all she can know, you two don't know each other at all.

"i can only guess you're wondering what i'm doing here. the blood of one for all allows me to do this. and i don't know if y/n has told you about her dreams like this, but it's how nana was able to communicate with her."

it felt like he was repeatedly getting slapped in the face with the overwhelming truth. nana, the dreams, even your mother and your random assumption about her.

my mom was a user of one for all.

'it's all true...' izuku's eyes stay wide. katsumi stands in front of him with her resting face but only now did he realize how frantic she looked and sounded. he wasn't surprised though. heroes adapt to being calm at all times to set an example in a serious situation.

"listen kid. emiko? she's not who she says she is."

izuku's eyes widen even more inhumanly possible. 'y/n already knows about emiko. but how does her mother know about her?'

"please, i'm begging you warn y/n. she has no idea what her connections are and what she's capable of."

he processed her words, but now izuku was confused.

'her words and her tone..' the more izuku scanned katsumi, the more alive she seemed. 'they feel too real to be something from the past.'

emiko only recently joined your life- at least way after katsumi was even a known name in your life. how would she ever have knowledge of her? even her random assumption that you and izuku know each other. how does she know you go to u.a? how does she know that he does? izuku's so much younger, so it's not like he was around when she was.

hell, you weren't even around when she was.

well, not that you would remember anyways.

but then it had suddenly hit him.

'if she knows about emiko, then she's still alive.' his eyes shake back and forth. 'she's doing this now, just like i'm experiencing this now. she's really out there somewhere!'

"but she can't do it alone. all for one is definitely behind this, and i know he's got his eyes set on you."

that basically confirms that katsumi was a past user. she knows of the burden it carries and how each user gets targeted by all for one. that also means that you were once again, correct in the way you told him that all for one didn't target katsumi solely because she was his wife.

"but emiko is after y/n."

a sickening pit forms in izuku stomach. him being targeted, it made him wary. but hearing you: the most important person in his life is also being targeted, he felt like throwing up.

"you two have had to realize it by now. you're so compatible with each other."

almost immediately, izuku's mind ran back to the conversation you had with your dad before the class set out to nabu island.

beats me. i guess our quirks are just compatible.

but now it all makes sense.

i knew there was a reason behind this boy. listen to him.

you wouldn't understand. but take it from him and take it from me who's watched this happen before.