48 : b a c k . t o . m a g n o l i a

Start from the beginning

"Laxus?" Makarov's eyes widened at the sight of his grandson. "Is that really him?"

Another person stepped up beside him, her hands on her hips as she smirked down from her place next to her brother, "Sorry we're late."

"That sandstorm was completely obliterated with only one shot!" Erza stared out into the now-clear air around them.

Gray half-sighed, "He's always been flashy like that."

Relief crossed Laxus' features, "Hey, old man. You're even older."

Verani rolled her eyes as she elbowed her big brother in the side, "Don't be a brat."

"We're behind enemy lines, so we gotta get out of here ASAP!" Gajeel yelled down before gesturing behind him to Ichiya, "Thank this guy for the ship!"

"Gajeel?"

"I can smell Levy and Lily up there, too." Natsu's tone suddenly shifted, "Hold on just a second! How are you and Laxus not puking your guts out?!"

"Why is that the first thing that he thinks of?" Verani grumbled, but she was drowned out as Juvia started shouting.

"Gray, my darling! Don't worry, I'm here, too!"

Amber sighed, "Please stop flailing before you fall off the ship..."

"Hey, I want to say something manly!"

"How is that gonna help?"

Mirajane appeared to be the only one who was paying attention to the question that was asked, "This ship's been modified so Dragon Slayers can ride on it and not get sick!"

The Thunder Legion joined in the senseless yelling, starting with Bixlow, "Hey, Wendy! You've really grown up since the last time we met."

"She's gone from little girl to little lady."

"Seems like everybody's changed from last year."

"Guys," Amber interjected, "let's get back on track here."

And Cana agreed, "You're down there, too, right, Mest? Teleport onto the ship if you're able!"

"Coming up!"

The group of Fairy Tailers on the ground suddenly vanished as Mest used his Direct Line to move for the ship.

"You can't run from me!" Ajeel lifted his arms and the sand around him began to rise, swirling erratically as it prepared to strike.

Lightning began crackling around the Dreyar siblings as Laxus raised a hand and Verani extended hers.

"No one's running." Laxus spoke firmly, just short of a growl, "We're just flying back home, okay? And I'm gonna get cranky if we miss dinner."

"So butt out, would ya?" Verani did carry the growl in her words as her own lightning began to shift to a bluish hue that almost no one had seen before the two staticy magics intertwined in the air before going streaking down toward the sandman. The point of impact erupted into a large glowing dome that kicked up clouds of dust, giving gave them plenty of cover to fly away.

||~x~||

"Let's have a toast!" Lucy cheered, "Fairy Tail is back in business!"

The guild hall was filled with shouts and choruses of laughter and clanging mugs. Everyone in the guild was thrilled to have their Master home, safe and sound, even if there was some initial confusion over what to call him. However, Erza quickly settled that by stepping down and giving the position back to Makarov.