wings of a monster chapter 11

Okay so I've decided to try and make my chapters longer so the story can get somewhere...

CHAPTER 11 - Time To get serious!!!

Jenny's P.O.V

As soon as the guy dissapeared I ran back to the camp. I was confused, scared. Who was he? He reminded me of Anitor...but more powerful. Should I tell Caleb about this? What would the consequences be? A million questions ran through my head but who could answer them. Gosh I'm such a freak. I limped over to the tent and fell asleep. I had a strange dream that I was being watched. When I woke up and accused Caleb of watching me, he looked at me like I was crazy  and scowled throwing leaves at me. I guess someones bipolar. Alica appeared later telling me to eat something. The rest of the day was spent makingour way back home. Caleb kept his distance, constantly walking in the shadows. When we arrived at home one of Caleb's friends Thamus was sitting in the living room devouring all our food. I greeted him and he stood up and hugged me. I found out Thamus was really nice, he joked around all the time and occasionally glanced my way. When I looked bck at Caleb he seemed furious. He got up and grabbed Thamus and shoved him out.

"Jennifer!" he growled. "You've been loafing around here for too long now. It's time to get serious, you chose me so that means you're not on the path of light. You have to get training." He dragged me by my arm, his nails digging through my flesh. He handed me a sword and started demonstrating. He showed me how to defend, attack and block. I reapeated everything he did. It went on for hours, maybe even days. I couldn't tell day from night, we were down in that cellar and it was dark, not a window in sight. I was hungry, exhausted and yearned for a bath. But Caleb kept going on, yelling about training. Occasionally AAlica and Thamus came down. Caleb made me fight them. Alica backed down but Thamus stood tall like an iron wall. I decided to attack. I swung the sword for his chest but he blocked and instantly attacked back and lashed at my arm. Blood trickled down, I watched as he looked at it in worry. I jumped up, spreading my wings. I felt a power surge through me, I focused all that power on Thamus. Flames burst out flying towards him. I opened my eyes to see Thamus lying on the floor covered in burn marks. Caleb appeared infront of me clapping. "Good job". he said. I smiled in relief doing a small victory dance. He grabbed my arm again telling me it was far from over. Now we would hve to start planning the war. We headed down to the underworld. This time I fimiliarised myself with the place. I wasn't scared at all, I felt completely at home. Like I was reborn. Caleb led the wayto Thamus's house. His mother specilised in magic and such. Now that I got serious about becoming one of them I had to go through a special process. When that was dne it would be like I was officially part of the family. we entered Thamus's house and he beckoned us to follow. We made our way through the house and into a small building. A tall lady in her late thirties smiled at me. She had auburn hair and the same fiery yet friendly eyes as Thamus. She introduced herself as Thamus's mother Greece. She laid me dwn on a table and told me to relax. I did as I was told, cancelling out all other thoughts. She recited a poem like thing and I felt a strong feeling surround my body. It continued like that for a few minutes until she stopped. The process was complete. When I go up Caleb handed me a mirror. I looked at my back and saw two large black wings tatooed on my back, beneath it read the words 'forever and always'. It was official I was one of them!

They all joined in and hugged me, I felt loved, apart of something. This was a new turning point in my life.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thts all for this chapter, Remember votes are lovely ^ ^

Recomended song to listen to while reading this chapter - The violet hour - SEA WOLF