Chapter Seventeen

Third Person P.O.V

Alexandra groaned as she rolled around onto her side, clutching a pillow she found nearby. She momentarily opened her eyes but closed them. However, she realized she wasn't in her own room and her eyes shot open out of panic. She hastily sat up and looked around, she had concluded that it was Seth's room, given the picture of him with his family or with Leah laying around.

Alexandra stood up, walking out of the room and into the living room as she stretched. She looked down at the couch to see Seth asleep. She grinned as she poked his cheek. He turned but didn't wake up. "Sethhh, wake up sleepy head, it's the weekend." Seth lazily opened his eyes. "Five more minutes." He tiredly spoke. Alexandra's cheeks heated up at his sleepy voice, finding it cute.

"I want to go see Emily, I need a ride." He wasn't listening as he had called back asleep. Alexandra walked around and kneeled down in front of the couch, her face getting close to his own. "Seth." She whispered as she poked his cheek again. He opened his eyes, staring into her own. "Can you take me to Emily's? Pretty please?" Seth yawned. "What's in it for me?" He jokingly asked as he sat up, stretching out his arms.

"A kiss on the cheek." His ears turned pink as he quickly looked down at her. "What?" Alexandra smiled. "A kiss on the cheek for a ride to Emily's, sounds like a fair trade to me." Leah commented as she grabbed a book off of the coffee table. "Alright!" Seth grinned as he got up, pulling Alexandra on her feet. "Bye Leah! Tell Sue I say thank you for letting me stay the night!" Alexandra yelled out as Seth pulled her out of the house.

"Hold on, I still need to put my shoes on!" Alexandra pulled her hand out of his, having grabbed her shoes on the way out. Seth went behind a tree as Alexandra pulled her sneakers on, standing back up to her full height. The huge wolf trudged out of the woods. He lowered himself down onto the floor, letting Alexandra climb on top. "You're like a horse." She joked as she gently held his fur. Seth started running, Alexandra hiding her face in his fur so the wind wouldn't get in it.

She held onto him closely, trying to gather his body heat as the wind was making her cold. They stopped once they were at Emily's and she quickly hopped down, running into the house. "Emily, I'm here!" She yelled out, grinning at the woman as a few of the boys sat at the table eating food. "Alexandra!" Emily pulled the younger girl in for a tight hug. "I've missed you!" Alexandra happily chirped. "Where's my reward for carrying you?" Seth asked as he walked into the house.

Alexandra rolled her eyes as she gently grabbed his face and kissed his cheek. Paul, Jared, and Embry all "ooo"ed while Emily grinned. "Happy?" Seth gave a quick nod and a cheesy smile. "Come eat!" Emily hurried the girl over to the table. Alexandra sat down in between Paul and Jared. "Hey guys." She smiled at all of them joyfully. "How's it been going, squirt?" Paul asked as he ruffled her hair.

Alexandra laughed as she slapped his hand away. "It's been okay, how's it been for you guys? Sam been working you extra hard?" She teasingly asked as she pulled a few pancakes onto her plate, adding butter and syrup on top. "You got no idea, he's worried about Victoria. Or we'll he is tired of Jake annoying him." Jared told her. "The vamp going after Bella?" Alexandra asked with a frown.

"Has she been here recently?" Emily smacked the back of Jared's head when he was about to answer. "Nothing for you to worry about, Sweetie. Go ahead and eat, you must be hungry." Alexandra nodded and started eating, Seth sitting down on the other side of Jared and grabbing his own food. "I heard you brought food to the Clearwaters last night." Emily hummed as she stood behind Seth now, fixing his hair.

"Mhm. Charlie and Bella went out to eat and I didn't know so I ended up making that casserole. But it turned out for the best because I ended up sharing it with them." Alexandra smiled. "Charlie didn't take you to dinner with Bella?" Embry asked. "Why does everyone keeping asking that? I'm aware he didn't take me." Alexandra's hands tightened on her fork and knife. Emily plucked them out of her hands.

"He didn't mean to annoy you, just surprised, that's all." Alexandra sighed. "Would you like to talk about it?" Emily asked as she had the girl get up out of her seat. Alexandra gave a small nod. "Come." She brought the girl to her room, hoping to give some sense of privacy, even if the others could still hear them. "Charlie has been acting weird." Alexandra started off. "He was being really sweet a few days ago, but now he's been focusing more on Bella." Alexandra told Emily.

"I'm glad he is spending time with her, but he doesn't spend time with me anymore. I'm left home all the time while they're out, together or separately. Bella only comes to me when she wants something or someone to complain too. I don't feel like a part of their family anymore, 'Em." Tears leaked from Alexandra's eyes as Emily held the younger girl in her arms.

"I don't know if I did something wrong, but I don't think they want me there anymore. I didn't feel at home with Renee, and now I don't feel at home with Charlie. Where am I supposed to be if not with them?" Alexandra cried as she held onto Emily tightly. "I know, Darling. It must be hard right now, but you are always welcomed with Sue and I, don't ever hesitate to come. I don't want you to feel alone ever again." Emily told her soothingly.

"I-I'm sorry, every time I come here I have some type of problem and you have to listen to me go on about it." Alexandra pulled back as she wiped away her tears. "Don't apologize, you have a lot on your shoulders for a child, you shouldn't even be in the supernatural world. I would rather have you come talk to me than to keep it bottled up, that never ends up in a positive way." Alexandra stared at Emily. "Why are you being so nice to me?" Alexandra asked.

"Because I care about you, Alexandra, you're important to everyone here, even if we just met you not too long ago." Emily smiled. A sob shook through Alexandra's body as she pulled the woman in for another hug. After a few long minutes of needed hugs, Alexandra had stopped crying and walked out of the room with Emily. She was immediately pulled into a hug, who she realized was from Seth, and hugged back.

He didn't let go until Alexandra pulled back. "I'm back!" Sam grinned as he walked into his house. "Alexandra?" The blonde turned around at her name, causing Sam to frown. "Were you crying?" He asked confusingly. "Yeah." Alexandra sheepishly admitted. "What happened?" Sam asked in worry as he walked over, quickly checking her for any wounds. "Nothing important, just family stuff." Alexandra weakly joked.

"Well, Charlie is outside waiting for you." Alexandra frowned before nodding. She wiped at her eyes and took a few deep breaths. "Bye everyone!" She smiled and waved before walking out of the house. "What happened?" Sam asked Emily. "Charlie has been ignoring he for the most part." Emily frowned deeply as she stood in the doorway, watching Charlie pull away.

"What a dick."